Chapter I - How it all started

I live in a world where all of your dreams are true. Where fairies and dragons live, with dwarfs and elves. But with every dream there is a nightmare. Some of the worlds worst creations of the mind. Witches and sorcerers, the worst creatures that you can think of, monsters. In my realm, my world, everyday a new species is born. Every child that has an imagination of some creature or person comes to life. Every little boy or girl who imagines a monster under their bed or in their closet. the only creature that no human has created is the Elf species. this species was created by God for the world. he knew that by giving the human race the ability to dream that they would create dark and evil things. so God created the Elven creatures to protect the humans and to ensure that the creatures that they have created are well behaved and under control.

not all Elves are warriors, or as they call themselves, guardians. some of them are cooks, or gardeners. only those with a Guardian in their bloodline are able to become one. and even if you wanted to, you would have to go through training, which takes years. Ten years to be exact.

I am a Guardian. well im a Guardian in training technically. My father and mother were both Guardians as well. they were considered famous in the Guardian book. they had defeated a evil that was so great the Elves were scared that this evil would wipe out the existence of Elves. but my mum and dad saved the day. they paired together with a Seer. Seers are very rare and normally take the form of a human. this Seer was the one that created this evil. you see Seers aren't what the modern day human think they are. yes some if you are able to find one, can predict the future or do other things with the mind. but Seers are one of the most dangerous creatures because of their mind. they are the most feared because they can created such extravagant things in just an instant. this Seer that my mother and father paired up with was so distraught that he had created something that would practically destroy the Elves he decided to help. they eventually after years of hard work, and travelling and being away from me 24/7 they defeated this evil, but in turn sacrificed their own lives for the sake of the Elves. I was 10 at the time and was in my 3rd year of training. at first I was doing the training course just because. but when my parents died I pushed myself to work harder, and hopefully make my parents proud. its the only reason im doing it. but I have realized over the years, as I struggle to be on top, my rival always seeming to beat me at something. that my parents would have always been proud of me. but this realization never stopped me from trying to be the best. even when it came to saving the world.

I guess maybe im being a little confusing. ill start over and tell you all about my attempt to save the world.

***

"Yo, V!" I heard the familiar voice of my rival and groaned inwardly. I turned on my heal and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"What do you want Brent?" I asked as he approached me with his best friend Dave and his girlfriend who's name I never bothered to figure out.

he huffed and put a hand to his chest acting as if he was actually hurt.

"What? a classmate can't say good luck to a fellow classmate?" he smirked and crossed his arms over his chest, his biceps popping.

Brent was a lot bigger then me. wider and with more muscle, whereas I was tall and thin, but I have plenty of muscle. just not as much as him. I was maybe a inch taller then him but that didn't stop him from trying to beat me at every little thing.

i sighed and raised an eyebrow. "well coming from your mouth then no you can't say good luck." I paused. "why are you saying good luck anyways?" I asked getting a little weary of what he had planned.

" oh you'll see in Potions class" Dave snickered and Brents girlfriend giggled and waved her fingers before they sauntered off, leaving me to worry by my self. it was always something that Brent and his posse did to me that either got me suspended or in trouble. technically I've only been suspended once because he blamed me for putting a rat in Mrs. Pennyworths bee hive hair. the other times I've just gotten into trouble. for nothing! they don't seem to be live me, except for my mentor who was my moms best friend. Alicia has always been the one to get me out of certain situations but some of them she just couldn't prevent. like the rat incident. the council that over looks the Guardians and the training facility always blame it on the fact that I lost my parents at a young age and that im just being extremely rebellious. but I keep trying to point out that I wouldn't do anything like that because im trying to be the top of my class. but of course they only see a little boy with no parents. it makes me sick to think that they can't see me for what I am now, an 18 year old adult who has fended for himself since he was 10 years old and has been working extremely hard just to get that damn top of the class Guardian plaque. no I don't want it just for the plaque but because I still do indeed feel like im making my parents proud by carrying on their legacy.

I ran a hand through my hair and turned on my heal and walked towards the potions classroom. Mr. Rogers was in charge and I quickly took my seat in the back. just cause I wanted to be on top doesn't mean that I sat in the front and was a good two shoes. o plopped my head on the desk and attempted to sleep until class actually started. but the damn assistant Gloria kept on flirting with Mr. Rogers and of course because of her super high pitched annoying vocals I didn't get a wink of sleep. just nasty sexual comments that are not needed to be repeated at anytime of my life.

more people filed into the class room and I decided it was time to just sit up and face the music. I ran a hand over my face and looked around at the other students. there were only ten of us, whereas we started with 19. 9 of the student dropped out so it was just us ten. the ones who truly wanted to become a Guardian. as class began and Mr. Rogers got up and told us about the new lab he was assigning, I couldnt help but notice Brent and his group staring at me with idiotic clown like smiles apon their faces.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself before I went over to them and smacked that look off their face. that would be funny to see, but I would most likely get into trouble. and that would not look good on my record. I was pretty clean, besides what Brent pinned on me.

going over to my lab table I searched for the right potions on the list the Mr. Rogers had handed out. Earwax, check. Menanine, check. pink liquid potion? check. all my items in front of me I quickly followed the directions until I caught Brents eye. he winked and I narrowed my eyes at him before concentrating on my work. I look down at the order of making a love potion. why are we making a love potion? because a love potion and a travelling potion can be easily mixed up. so we need to learn the difference so that we can create both without causing havoc.

I glanced up to see Brent walking towards my table with green neon looking powder in his hands. and just as i poured the last drop of pink liquid into the bottle he blew the powder right in my face. with no choice, I submitted to darkness.

***

~Unknown POV~

"BRENT! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO VALENTINE?" Mr. Rogers boomed st Brent and I couldnt help but snicker. Brent cowered a little then straightened up, brushing off nonexistent dust from his jeans and shirt.

"Sir. I did nothing w-wrong" he stammered a bit when Mr. Rogers grabbed him by the ear and seemed to grow a few feet taller then normal.

" TELL ME NOW SON BEFORE YOU GET INTO EVEN MORE TROUBLE!" he roared obviously pissed that Valentine had suddenly disappeared and obviously knowing that someone gave him the wrong potion, making him create a Travelling potion.

"S-Sir I just changed the potion to m-make a travelling potion i-i did nothing wrong. p-please let go of my ear sir." his face got red in embarrassment when he noticed everyone staring at him.

"Ha. I already know that son. what did you do to make him disappear?" Mr. Rogers seemed to calm down but you could tell he was still pissed.

"I blew a powder in his face that when inhaled it would send him anywhere i wanted him to go, thus causing to travelling potion to activate and for Valentine to dissapear to the destination that I wished." he confessed and looked down at his shoes in shame. I snickered again, never have I seen the famous Brent Macabre look down in shame. he was always so upright and never was looked down apon. so seeing him like this, I took mental photos so that I would always remember this very moment.

" and where exactly did you send Mr. Ronstern?" Mr. Rogers squeezed B rents ear making him cringe, but not fight back.

"S-sir I sent him t-to the human realm."

" you sent him to Earth?"

"yes.... Earth"