Chapter 11 - Given to the Devil himself

"Well isnt this a pickle." A accented voice said from the faceless man before me. He had an accent! An accent! I just about melted. Wait what? Since when have I been attracted to accents? A slight fog covered my vision but I payed it no mind. My feet were moving on their own accord and I wasnt going to be the one to stop them.I just wanted to go up to him a kiss him. Right on the mouth. The mouth that I actually couldnt see. The mouth that was hidden underneath a hooded face. I stepped foreword, getting closer, determined to get the this strange man. I took another step foreword when a hand came a wrapped itself around my waist. It pulled me back against a hard body and held me there.

"Dont give into him. Keep your senses sharp." Valentine whispered against my ear, his stubble scratching against it. I flinched and the fog was suddenly lifted. I was a lot closer to the hooded man then I should have been. The man just stood there with his hands in his pockets and somehow I could tell he was smirking.

"What was that?" i whispered then narrowed my eyes at the hooded man. "What the hell was that? Was that you? Oh im gonna kill you!" i struggled against Valentines hold but he held steady. No wonder, he was like 10 times as strong as me. I gave up crossing my arms over my chest and pouted.

" Awe well isnt that just adorable. A little Guardian protecting a human, just lovely." The man spoke and started striding towards us, his long legs getting him close to us fast. Valentine quickly shoved me behind his and raised his sword. With the flick of a finger, the sword in Valentines hand went sailing far behind the hooded man.

"You stay right there demon!" Valentine yelled and held his hands before him. I watched as they started to crackle with electricity like power. What the hell? A hand flew over my mouth. This man really does have power. I looked over at the hooded man who kept coming towards us. A-a demon? Oh. My. God. I stumbled backwards and watched as valentines hands came together and a large shock wave pushed towards the hooded man. It didnt even seem to phase him. He just kept coming and I could tell that Valentine was not expecting that. He scrambled backwards and grabbed the dagger from his boot.

"Your a fool of a Guardian, Earth weakens your magic and you didnt even bring anything to enhance your magic with you. Such a fool, you possibly cant beat me." He stepped up to Valentine until they were practically nose to nose. Except for the fact that the hooded man was much, much taller than Valentine.

I watched as the two of them stared at each other, Valentines grip on his bade wavering for a moment. Then with lightening fast speed he jerked up the blade and it landed in the hooded mans chest. he grunted and then stumbled back, his hand shaking as he slowly pulled the dagger out. Black blood coated it and splattered onto the asphalt. Stared in horror as he took the blade in both hands and snapped it in half.

"Oh now my little Guardian, you have pissed me off." He charged at Valentine, grabbing hold of his torso and tossing him over his shoulder. I just stood there in shock as I barely even saw his movements. The hooded man sat on top of Valentine and landed blow after blow on his face. Blood dripped from his nose and mouth and i could see his eye start to turn black and blue. I swallowed and stepped foreword about to help when Valentine hollered "Melanie run!" ive herd this before, him telling me to run in the middle of a fight. I felt a small amount of bravery wash over me and I rushed foreword. I was not going to be a coward and run away. I grabbed a knife from the bag and ran up the the hooded man and stabbed him in the back. He stilled and for a second fear washed over me again. I stumbled backwards and tripped over the bag, my forearms getting scratched by the gravel. I crawled backward, fumbling around the bag and grabbing another dagger that was sticking out. My hand shook as I raised it above my chest and held it in front of me. The hooded man towered over me and snickered.

"Well well well, little human decides to be brave. You sure you want to fuck with a big bad demon like me? " He snickers and stands right above me, his feet on either side of my hips. I started to scramble backwards but her sat down right on top of me. His thighs pressed against my sides and he placed his hands on my stomach.