Downpour

A/N: I wrote this part late at night when I was really tired so don't judge me

The rain was coming down hard. It was the last day of sophomore year. That meant summer which was supposed to mean good weather. Apparently mother nature had different ideas though. The rain hit him roughly on the top of his head and splashed at his feet as he peddled his bike along the open road. The sky was dark as if someone had just switched off the lights and the rain was puddling beneath the boy with the cast on his arm, trying so hard to reach his destination before it got ruined.

The wheels on his bike splashed in the giant, endless puddle as he raced to the house. He whispered quietly to himself, reciting nothing in particular. The giant grey clouds above him did not look like they were clearing up anytime soon so maybe it was something about that. Or perhaps it was about the boy he was just about to see. The boy with the perfect curly black hair and glasses. The boy with the smile that can light up a whole room. The boy he loved.

Peddling even faster, Eddie, the boy on the bike, finally reached his destination. It was about 10 at night but Eddie needed him. He needed the boy with the perfect curly black hair and glasses. The boy with the smile that could light up a whole room. The boy that he loved. He needed to talk to someone and see someone and cry with someone. He needed him.

Eddie hopped off his bike after putting down the kickstand. He walked shyly up to the front door and knocked on it quietly. His head filled with anxious thoughts. They weren't expecting him and it was late. Why was he expecting for someone to be on the other side of the door? He knocked softly once again and as soon as he did, the door swung open.

"Eds, you asshole, I'm trying to sleep!" The boy on the other side of the door said teasingly with a grin.

"I know, Richie, I just needed you." Eddie said, pulling the boy, Richie, into a hug.

Richie kissed the top of Eddie's head and then gestured for him to come inside. As Eddie entered, he smiled slightly to himself. The two boys adventured upstairs to Richie's room. Halfway up the stairs, Eddie grabbed Richie's hand.

"I love you." Eddie said softly, looking up at the other boy.

"Don't." Richie argued sternly, pulling his hand away. "I told you before, don't."

Eddie looked down at the floor as they reached the second level of the house. "Right." He mumbled.