Beaverly Marsh

A/N: Just a warning, this chapter is very cringey. I wrote it while I was upset, don't judge me.

The two boys sat criss-cross on Richie's bed, facing each other. Richie's eyes were on Eddie. He smiled to himself as he observed the other boy. Eddie was looking down at the bed. The perfect grey comforter beneath them which was even more perfect when you were cuddled underneath it with the boy you love.

Eddie was still looking down when he spoke. "Sorry for being such a pain in the ass." He chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, you are a pain in the ass but you don't have to be sorry for it." Richie laughed as he pushed Eddie playfully.

Eddie pushed him back and Richie pushed Eddie once again. This went on for a while until eventually they were both laying on the bed next to each other, laughing.

"I'm glad you came, I actually had to tell you something." Richie said, sitting up. His laughter had faded away and his expression grew rather serious.

"Richie, I'm not in the mood for mom jokes." Eddie told him, still laying down. He forced out a few more laughs but couldn't seem to actually experience the feelings of euphoria that should be tied to laughter.

"Calm your tits, Eddie Spaghetti. I'm not gonna talk shit about your mom." Richie paused. "At least not today."

Eddie was seated upright now too, he looked at Richie with a concerned and confused look.

He's known Richie since first grade. They were always the best of buddies. Eddie still remembered the countless times that Richie would get the two in trouble. They were frequently side by side in the principal's office once the teachers began caring enough to even take action. Around the end of fourth grade Richie had 'proposed' to Eddie with a blue Ring Pop. He only did it because Beverly had laughed at them and made the observation that they sometimes acted like an old married couple. Richie had thought nothing of the 'proposal' while it meant the absolute world to Eddie. It was that day when Eddie grabbed Richie's hand in the middle of the hallway, sending a deep blush across both their faces. Their affection never stopped since that day. Eddie wanted to believe it was because Richie loved him back but he knew it was all just a mere act.

"Um." Eddie was able to choke out that single syllable, trying his hardest to form more words. "What is it then?" He asked, nervously.

Richie put both his hands on either of Eddie's shoulders. "I'm dating Bev."

Eddie's heart dropped through the floor. He felt tears welling up in his eyes but tried his best to push them back. He looked at the silly grin plastered across Richie's face and wondered how that could even be there.

"We don't have to stop what we have though." Richie told the other boy, seeing the absolute pain in his eyes.

"What do you mean? We don't have anything." Eddie stated sternly. "You don't like me. I get it. You don't have to keep going around pretending that you do."

Eddie had come to this house to feel an overwhelming happiness but ended up running out and biking away in the pouring rain out of sheer sadness.

A/N: Okay hi, thank you for suffering through that. I promise the next chapter will be better.