Chapter 1

The Fluitians welcomed their saviors with open arms. As the lions descended onto the planet after the Galra retreated, the inhabitants of the ice planet were quick to greet them. The surreal feel of the blue and white swamp environment gave the paladins a snow wonderland feeling, however bodies of water were still liquified.

The Fluitians were humanoid creatures, only slimmer and with pure snow-white skin. Their hair was of faded colors, most of them having blue and gray. Their pure blue eyes and small fangs made them feel like hostile beings if toyed with. But their gleeful smiles and words of praise didn't alarm any of the paladins.

Each of them were doing their own thing. Pidge was looking at the specialized drones the Fluitians had, which aided them in surveying the area. Hunk was looking for special ingredients, the white vegetation of the planet bore exotic plants that were rarely seen. Shiro, Allura, and Coran were talking to the leaders for a possible alliance with the royalty of the snow planet. Needless to say, like all the other planets they saved, they were all ears to the alteans and black paladin.

Lance felt off. He felt like something in his chest was trying to pull him towards something. It was growing stronger and stronger by the dobashe and Lance didn't like it. It started when they were in the atmosphere of the planet, and now that he's on the surface, it became annoying and uncomfortable. He tried to brush it off and walked towards Keith.

The poor soul was being pushed away by the Fluitians, only a few deciding to praise and compliment the red paladin, but not more than a couple of dobashes. The curious blue paladin strolled to his neglected teammate, who was leaning on the wall of a hut.

"Hey Keith, what's their problem?" Lance asked, gesturing to the white humanoids who were celebrating with loud chatter and food. "They look like they're scared of you"

"Maybe it's because I used red's fire blast? This is an ice planet after all, I could've melted their home" Keith said. His arms crossed while he told Lance his reasoning behind the Fluitians' weird behaviour.

"Hmph, these people are weird. You saved their quiznacking planet, they should be grateful! If you didn't use it then it would've taken a lot more time and more lives to be lost" Lance rambled. He half hoped the Fluitians heard him and his sentiment, hoping they'd get the message.

Lance placed his hand on Keith's shoulder when he noticed the overhearing Fluitians drift closer to the pair. "There, much better" Lance huffed, victorious. Keith smiled at the blue paladin.

"I didn't really need the attention. But now I don't have a choice, do I?" Keith asked, seeing the approaching Figures. "Thanks"

Lance gave him a soft smile before stalking off, leaving the red paladin to his much needed socializing. Sure he had the team, but people should socialize with more individuals. Keith needs to open up to people more, because he'll be doing it way more since they're liberating planets from slavery now that Zarkon was gone. This was much needed for the mullet.

As the Cuban roamed around the huts of the snow people, an arm abruptly grabbed his and swiftly pulled him to the back side of a hut; out of anyone's sight. Lance quickly retracted his arm and made eye contact with his captor.

The prince stood in front of him, offering a small smile to the human. Lance, confused, returned the smile. A nervous laugh escaped his lips. "Hi?"

"You feel it's call to you, don't you?" The prince asked, his smile not wavering in the slightest as he tilted his to the side. The call of what?

However, Lance didn't get the chance to question the Prince. He quickly grabbed the paladin's wrist and ran deeper into the snow white and blue forest. Their footprints engraved in the snow as the two ran deeper and deeper. Lance was confused, yes, but the feeling in his chest kept on growing stronger and stronger. It was getting harder and harder for the human to process the situation, his focus drifting in and out of his brain continuously.