Chapter 2

The halls of the Galran ship were quiet, save for the silent clicking of heels on its floor. The soldiers stood straighter as the Prince walked passed them, tensing because of his mere presence.

He walked into Haggar's quarters, a place where she works on experiments and robeasts. As soon as he walked through the double doors that were 4 times his size, Haggar immediately turned her attention to her unwanted visitor.

" Prince Lotor" Haggar spoke, her raspy voice trying to show respect to the Prince. "I am... glad to see you reporting to your father's aid. As you know, he is slowly perishing in his deathbed. You are here to take his throne"

It was Galran tradition. Once the emperor perished or is on the verge of death, he must have an heir to take his place. Since Zarkon and Haggar were over-exposed to quintessence, they had a prolonged life, which also affected Lotor.

"Witch" Lotor began. "Have you heard of gems of elements?" Haggar raised an eyebrow to Lotor's question.

"An Altean myth? Why are you curious about it?" The witch asked.

"It is no myth, witch" Lotor snapped, spitting the last word with venom. "During my exile, I have come through many worlds.  And during my travels I had met people who say these gems of powerful quintessence exist. These gems choose their wielders based on their quintessence, giving them the power of an element"

Haggar laughed in disbelief. "And you simply believed their tales. Are you really going to believe such accusations? Their bedtime stories? All because they claim them to be true?"

"I didn't believe them... until they showed me one of them" Haggar looked at Lotor questioningly. "Narti!"

Then, a Galran half breed walked into the room. She had no eyes but still found her way to Lotor's side. She had a peculiar cat resting on her shoulders. Her hands were curled around a gem in the shape of a thick mirror shard, it's length and thickness similar to an adult's pointer finger. The gem glowed a dark purple from inside of the purple transparent particle barrier.

"Is that...?" Haggar asked, unsure of what tone of voice she should use. It should be impossible, right? They are just an Altean myth, right? Lotor only smirked at the witch's dumbfounded expression.

"This is the shard of dreams. A gem that can manipulate and control someone's dreams. When used correctly, it can create not only dreams of a target; but also illusions and facades" Lotor grabbed the orb from Narti's hands. "The people of Reverie were kind enough to show me the location of their precious heirloom in exchange for their lives"

Haggar looked at the prince, her gaze turning from disbelief to disappointment. "And you let them live?"

Lotor's smirk grew. "I did, but I did not say anything about the quintessence of their miserable planet." Haggar grinned ear-to-ear at the news.

"Reverie is a very rich planet for quintessence. I assume there are new canisters of quintessence in storage?" Lotor nodded. "Perfect"

"You may have fun prodding and creating new robeasts for the paladin of Voltron to attack after you have completed the task I am to assign to you" Lotor's back straightens.

"Of course, my Emperor. What is that you require of me?" Haggar's voice was dipped with respect. The fact that Lotor has taken one of the most powerful gems in the universe in his hand and have gathered quintessence from one of the richest planets in the galaxy, her perspective on the half breed royal changed drastically.

"This may be our key to defeating Voltron, once and for all. We shall gather all of the other gems of elements. While I do that, I'll need you to destroy the barrier around the shard of dreams. Once you have done so, return the gem to me. I and I, alone, shall be this gem's wielder."

"But sire" Haggar stepped closer to the Prince. "One does not simply claim the gem. The gem shall be the one to choose based on someone's quintesse-"

"THEN CORRUPT IT!" Lotor yelled, his voice echoing throughout the room. "CORRUPT IT TO THE POINT WHERE I SHALL BE THE ONLY ONE IT LISTENS TO. WHERE IT SHALL BE MINE AND MINE ALONE"

The room was silent. Haggar did not dared to speak to Lotor as he attempted to fix his silky white hair with his fingers. "Do I make myself clear, high priestess?"

Haggar nodded. "Yes, my Emperor. It shall take some time, but I will have it done in a few months. Vrepit sa"

"Vrepit sa"

And with that Lotor turned to the door and left, Narti close behind him with her cat.

~~~~~
LOTOR YOU POSSESSIVE BITCH
yo
So, yeah
Chapter 2 and it's still shit
Yay