Chapter 3

Zeus landed on a large square of dirt that was a landing pad for the dragons at the Academy. Jaden leaped off Zeus and offered a hand to the Chosen. Most of the teens accepted his hand and tumbled off the large dragon's back. But when it was Amara's turn, Zeus swept his tail to where she was sitting, scooped her up, and gently placed her on the ground. Jaden's mouth fell open and he quickly shut it after he saw Zeus glaring at him. He quickly regained his posture and said "Well, another Rider will be taking you all to the Headmistress and to your dorms. Bye!". He walked off bickering with his dragon, who was puffing smoke at his Rider's face. A young woman with dark brown hair and blue streaks walked up to the Chosen and introduced herself. "Hello! Y'all must be the Chosen! So pleased to make your acquaintance! I'm Sierra, a fourth year here. I'm going to be taking y'all to the Headmistress, and then to your dorms." The teenagers nodded numbly and followed Sierra. She led them through the outdoor training yard, where students were sparring with swords and doing physical exercises.They passed a large open-air arena, whose many tiered seats were empty. After going up countless flights of stairs and passing hundreds of classrooms, they finally reached a rough hewn oak door. The door had a golden plaque that was engraved with the words: "Headmistress Luna Crescent". Sierra knocked on the door and when the door swung open in a swirl of blue sparks, she motioned for the teens to step into the brightly lit room. The room was lined with soaring bookshelves that reached all the way up to the ceiling and high, arched windows let in the sunlight. In the middle of the room, stood a desk covered in books, crumpled scrolls and feather pens. Behind that desk sat a beautiful middle-aged woman in a blue blazer. The woman had very light brown hair with emerald green streaks, her eyes were a clear azure blue with a few brown specks. She stood up and greeted the teenagers with a warm smile. "I'm Luna Crescent, Headmistress of Crescent Dragon Academy. Welcome!" she said while closing the door in a burst of blue sparks. She gave a little speech on trying their bests and working hard, then ushered them out of her office. Sierra handed them each a stone with their dorm number on them, it was the keystone that would unlock their dorm doors. "Each of you will have a dorm mate, and the keystone will have a little surprise for you when you bond with your dragon, and when you graduate. Also, the keystone cannot be lost or thrown away because it will always come back to you. Any questions?" Sierra asked, the teens shook their heads and Sierra started taking them to their dorms. Amara looked at her stone, there was nothing special about it, it was just a polished rock with "407" carved on it. Sierra dropped Amara off at her dorm door. She stared at the dark oak door with the gold numbers "407". For a few minutes, she tried to figure out how to open the door. After a while, out of instinct, she touched her keystone to the doorknob, she tried the doorknob again and the door swung open and hit something with a thump. She peered inside, and on the floor sprawled a tall girl holding her nose, which was turning red. "I am so sorry! Are you alright?" Amara exclaimed. The girl winced and stood up, "I'm fine. By the way, I'm Elizabeth Rehlia, your roommate" she said. "Amara Joyce"Amara replied with a slight blush. Amara studied the girl with interest, she had straight light brown hair that went ⅓ down her back, startling blue-violet eyes and a tall, slender body. Amara shut the door behind her and threw her pack on the floor next to the unoccupied bed. The girls started talking and soon they had become pretty close. They bonded for a few hours, then suddenly, a loud bell rang through the entire Academy. "That's the food bell!" Elizabeth exclaimed "Did I mention that I love food?". She grabbed Amara's arm and dragged her out of their dorm, almost pulling Amara's arm out of its socket. Amara sighed and ran along with her newfound best friend.

A/N I hope y'all enjoy this relatively longer chapter! Again, I apologise for being a jerk and not updating.

~Zoë