Two: Petrificus Totalus

It's a wonderful thing to watch, the Hogwarts grounds changing seasons. Fall leaves seem crisper, incoming winter chills seem softer, the pale sunlight that streams through the great halls enchanted ceiling seems brighter.
Tomorrow will mark your first full month at Hogwarts, time soaring by much too quick for your liking. Now that you're here, you can't imagine being anywhere else, you don't want to imagine being anywhere else.

"What're you thinking about?" Remus nudges from next to you, glancing at your untouched plate of eggs and toast.

The sudden chatter of the great hall fills the space around you, whereas before you'd been so lost in thought, it seemed completely silent. James and Sirius bicker across the table, something about how James needs to "buck up and talk to her already", a daily argument between them about James's inability to form a complete sentence around Lily Evans, his crush since she smiled at him on the Hogwarts express. Of course, the part where he insulted her best friend Severus and she scowled at him, James chooses to forget.

"Her eyes...like all of the world is trapped inside those brilliant eyes..."

He says anytime he recounts the story, which is daily at this point.

"I was just thinking about..." you try to search for something that won't sound quite as sappy as "my extreme and total love for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry", "the quidditch game"

Which isn't a complete lie, it's the first Gryffindor match of the season, and James has been named seeker, "the youngest in decades" Sirius chimes in proudly anytime James is congratulated.

"Yes, should be a rather good time" Remus answers politely, and you can't help but smile at the softness of his words, a very opposite nature to the rowdiness of both Sirius and James.

You spend quite a lot of time with Remus these days. Growing up in a Muggle family, it's been a challenge to complete homework when you have no idea what the properties of mandrake blood are, considering you've got no idea what a mandrake even is. And since James and Sirius tend to only copy Remus's work, he's been the one helping you with everything. So began the many late nights in the Gryffindor common room pouring over books and maps and astrology charts, taking breaks in between to play games of wizard chess, which is very far from your typical chess game.

"I've heard Slytherin's pretty good-" you start to say.

"But we're better!" Sirius interrupts, and next thing you know the conversation has switched to a history lesson of Gryffindors quidditch record.

After the last triangle of toast is buttered and eaten, the plates clear of any scraps, returning to their usual brilliant golden glow. A nervous chatter has sparked amongst the crowd of students, all rushing to the quidditch field to try and get the best seats.

You and Remus don't bother to fight your way forward, taking a calm stroll through the rapidly emptying corridor. Sirius left early to get the perfect seats for James's first game.

"Have you ever seen a quidditch game before?" Remus asks once you leave the heavy oak doors that lead you outside to the grounds.

You walk along a stone path, letting the wood surround you, low rumbles of the packed stadium guiding you forward. The air is painted with strokes of red and orange as sunlight fights it's way through thick trees, giving everything a warm glow. The scent of morning dew alone is enough to slow you and Remus's walk to a casual stroll, wanting to stay in this wonderland of nature as long as possible.

"I've never seen a real game, but my cousin Charlie has told me all about them. He was seeker from his fourth year until he graduated" you answer, thinking about the days spent up much too late, begging him to tell you once more how he caught the snitch just in time, winning by a thin 10 points for the quidditch cup.