CH. 4 You're My Everything

When we got into his car he looked at me and said “would you be mad if i were to ask Leda on a date?” When he asked me that it felt like he tore my heart out and threw it into the freezing river. How could i feel this way when he’s my best friend? What if i want to be more than friends with him? i don’t think he even wants to be in a relationship with me, he seems to be more interested with that YouTube slut Leda.

    “ummm… i don’t know… i think you should do whatever makes you happy.” i said with tears in my eyes, and forcing a smile. the rest of the ride i was quiet because i didn’t want to think about Nathan possibly going out with Leda. He glanced at me a few times, and asked me “what’s wrong buttercup?” i forced a smile and said “nothing really, i’m just a bit tired is all…” “you sure you still want to go get pizza?” “yeah i’ll survive.”

    when we got to main street him and i barely even talked to each other. I mean sure there were a few words here and there, but it wasn’t like a normal conversation we would have. All of a sudden everything seemed so different. it was like we weren’t even best friends anymore. it seemed like we were just acquaintances. “are you sure you’re not mad about me asking Leda out?” “no. I’m just a little sad because… well… I really like you Nate… I had this crazy idea we were going on a date tonight, and i thought you were going to ask me to be your girlfriend…”

    Now it was nathan’s turn to be really quiet. After awhile he looked at me and said “i guess we really need to talk, now don’t we?” “i guess i’ve always felt this way about you, and i was too scared to admit it.” i said with tears in my eyes. “hey, look at me… don’t cry. I hate it when you cry.” “I can’t help it i’m a girl.” i said trying to lighten the mood. “yes, but you’re my girl.” Nathan said. After he said that he leaned in to kiss me but he leaned back and said “maybe i’m changing my mind about Leda…” “well, if you are can you kiss me already?”

    With that we leaned in to kiss each other, and when our lips connected it felt like they would never be able to separate.