CH. 9 Lost It All

I answered the phone, “Hello?” All I heard on the other line was heavy breathing and crying. “Mom?” I was concerned with what was going on, but then she said something. “Heather, I am so sorry for what happened. I don’t want you to move out with the way we left things. Please come home so we can talk…” She sounded extremely upset, and in all honesty I was too. She’s my mother, I love her with all of my heart. “Of course I’ll come home and talk. Mom I love you.” She sighed a sigh of relief and told me to be careful coming home. We said I love you to each other, and hung up.

“Who was that?” Nathan asked smiling. “It was my mom. She called and we apologized to each other, and I’m going to go back to my house and get my stuff so I can move in with you.” I kissed Nathan on his cheek and he smiled even bigger. I was concerned about one thing that I hadn’t thought about until now. “Nathan, how are we supposed to tell her that we’re moving in together?” He looked confused then explained what we were going to tell her. He said that we would go there together when I get my stuff, and talk to her about it. I thought about it for a moment, and then I went along with it.

We drove back to my mother’s house and knocked on the door when we got onto the front porch. She answered before I could knock for a second time and said, “Hello sweetheart!” She hugged me more lovingly than she ever had before. “did someone die?” I asked being quite serious. “What? No, no one died, I’m just happy to see you is all. Come in.” Nathan and I did as she said and walked into my living room. “Mom can we talk to you about something?” “Sure honey what is it?” I looked at the floor just as Nathan brought my head up to meet his gaze. “You can tell her. I’m here with you.” He kissed my forehead, and I took a deep breath.

    “Mom… Nathan and I have decided to move in together.” A sudden look of worry ran over her face. “How would you pay the rent? How would you pay for utilities? How would you pay for food?” She kept on hitting us with these questions thinking we wouldn’t be able to support ourselves, but we actually had a plan. “Mom it’s okay. Nathan and I work at hot topic, and we make money off of our youtube channels. I applied for another job at Spencer’s and they want me to go in for an interview tomorrow.” “And I applied for a job at Journey’s so all together we are actually making some money to support ourselves.” Nathan grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. He always knew when I was about to cry and now was one of those times.

My mother looked at me with less worry and began to say, “Well, I guess if you ca-” I jumped onto her and hugged her as hard as I could. “Thank you thank you thank you mommy! I love you so much!” I kissed her on her cheek and went back to sit with Nathan. “Just know that I will be checking in on you guys from time to time to make sure you’re doing alright, and if you ever need anything I’m just a phone call away.” Tears started to well in my eyes, but I was able to stop them before they came out.

She asked us if we wanted to stay for dinner, but we said no because we had a busy day, and just wanted to go home. “I’ll give you the address tomorrow. I love you!” I waved to her as Nathan and I got into Nathan’s car. “I can’t believe she just said yes!” Nathan kissed me and I kissed him back. “I can’t believe we’re actually going to be living together! I’m so excited!” I kissed his cheek as he was pulling out of the driveway. “So tomorrow we’re going to get your stuff right?” I shook my head yes, and plugged my phone into his car to play Black Veil Brides.