Chapter 4: The Kicking Gally's Tush

"Nah, I'm good," I yell back at Gally. He's been crushing everyone that goes into that ring, and I don't want to die my first day here. Gally smirks at my terrified expression and says, "Aww, is the little Greenie scared? I should've known, you being a girl and all."

Ok, that's it. I am a girl and that means I can kick his tush. "Fine. But get ready to lose," I say, walking towards the ring. I put my sound-phones on and hit the play button. It resumes where it was after dinner. Gally smirks and yells something, but I can't hear him over the song. He lunges and tackles me. He's sitting on me when the song's chorus comes on.

"I have tried so hard not to be like them
I have found they don't ever say what they mean
There is a truth, there is a light if you'd follow me there
I've been searching for directions and
I'm convinced the world doesn't know what it needs
There is a hope for the hopeless, I can promise you that"

The song seems to give me energy. I grab his foot and roll over, so I'm sitting on him instead. He shoves me off him and I do a backwards somersault and stand up. He yells something, which the boys all laugh at, but I can't hear him. All I hear is the song. He lunges again, and I side-step, using the momentum to push him out of the circle. He trips and lands face first in the dirt outside of the ring of Gladers.

I stop the song and take off my sound-phones. He looks up at me, angry. "Fine Greenie. You win this time," Gally says to me. As I walk past him towards Minho, Gally sticks out his foot and trips me. I fall and hit my head on a rock. Black spots swim in my eyes. All I hear before I black out is someone saying, "WHAT HAPPENED! WHO DID THIS!?"

A/N: Song is The Truth by Foster the People