Chapter 4

A fortnight had passed. Luckily, Lily and Roger's assignment was completed. They were even becoming close friends which Professoer Ivy was pleased about.

Like nearly every night Brian, Roger and Freddie were sitting in the shared apartment. However, this time there was an extra person in the room.

This boy had short hair up to his shoulders and was shy. He was drinking a glass of milk, but seemed to be enjoying the company of Freddie, Brian and Roger. They all had glasses of champagne, Lily had no clue how they managed to obtain that, and they were laughing at something.

They had records playing, stuff like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and strangely The Monkees. The vibe was quite relaxed.

"Hey guys!" Lily exclaimed joyfully as she dramatically strutted into the room.

"Hello, darling! It's fantastic to see you. Didn't think you were coming tonight". Freddie stated as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. She hugged Brian and Roger as well.

"Yeah, I was studying. I really wanted to do some reading of the textbook". She explained. The boys were standing and the other one just stayed seated in his chair, slowly sipping his milk awkwardly.

"Who's this?" Lily asked, gesturing to the shy boy.

"Oh, this is John Deacon. He's our supposed bass player, we haven't heard him play yet though". Brian replied, shrugging.

"How do you know the boys, John?" His eyes shot up.

"Um, well they were playing last week and my friends made me go, I thought they weren't going to be any good. But I was proven wrong, they were amazing. But, they didn't have a bass player so I talked to them after the gig and here I am". John was surprised that he just spoke like that. He then sunk back down into the couch, clutching his glass.

"Oh, was that the gig I missed because of work? I am really sorry about that". Lily asked and Roger nodded, winking.

"Sure was. I looked really good too. So, the gig wasn't the only thing you missed out on". Lily smirked, walked over and kissed him. They didn't love each other at all, they just loved to tease each other.

Roger just kissed her back. "Oh, get a room, both of you!" Freddie walked over and covered John's eyes.

'Why don't we go to the warehouse and practise. I think we should see how good John is". Brian quickly tried to change the subject.

"I just can't believe it's been more than a week since you've been hanging out but you haven't practiced with him once".

They all ignored the comment and the five of them headed straight to the warehouse where the instruments were set up.

Well, they were planning on directly going there but of course, there was an altercation.

Roger's girlfriend, Casey was there with what Lily called 'her minions'. He couldn't ignore so they all had to stop.

"Hey, babe. Where are you going?" She asked, the fakest way possible. Casey didn't care, she didn't love Roger, she was only in a relationship with him because he was in Queen. Lily was hid behind Freddie so she didn't lash out at Casey.

Freddie was the only one who knew how Lily felt about towards Roger's fake girlfriend.

"Oh, we're just going to see how good our new bass player is". He smiled, pecking her lips. Poor Roger was so oblivious to the fact that he was being used.

"Can we come see too? I can see sweet Lily is coming". 'Okay that's it'. She thought storming towards her, Freddie reached to grab her but missed out. She lunged at Casey, she was sick of her 'fakeness'.

Casey was punched in the jaw, multiple times, knocking her out. "Lily! You can't do that!" Freddie said, shaking his head.

"Why'd you do it?" Roger asked with an eyebrow raised.

"She's so fake Roger, can't you see, she doesn't love you. She is using you, just because you are in a band". A tear escaped. Lily was overwhelmed with emotions.

"Let's just keep going.." John quietly stated. Everyone nodded and started to walk again.

Freddie wrapped his arm around Lily and she sobbed into his shoulder.

The walk to the warehouse was awkward, Brian and John were the only ones talking. Roger was in shock and Freddie just tried to calm Lily down.

The boys got into position and first performed Doing Alright so John could try out his bass before they did new songs. Then, came Liar, John blew everyone away when the time for his solo came, Roger stopped drumming, Brian nearly dropped his guitar and Freddie dropped his microphone.

John was in his zone, he didn't realise that the music had stopped.

After the song finished, they stopped for a short break. Freddie was still in complete shock and John was trying to re-play it showing Freddie how he did it.

Lily told Roger what she meant earlier and Brian listened, telling what he knew about it.

A/N: So, that middle part was NOT expected, I was listening to Death On Two Legs ( great mistake).