Chapter 3 - "Роза ты потрясающий."

Living at court was like a dream. There is more freedom than anywhere else in America. I didn't have to be stuck at Lissa's hip all the time. I had time to myself. Well, not quite to myself. When Lissa and Christian are off by themselves in the royal quarters (no explanation needed), Dimitri and I were together. And this was one of those times. It was late, and I was sitting on my bed. I was trying to read one of Dimitri's cowboy novels, with no success.

"You look really bored with that." Dimitri says, coming out of the bathroom, hair wet from the shower. He was fully dressed, much to my disappointment, but had ditched his cowboy-like leather duster.

"I am. I have no idea how you can read this." I say, putting the book down in defeat.

"Guess everyone has their own tastes." He says, picking up the book and putting it away.

"I don't think I have anything I like." I say, watching him intently. He looks at me and my heart starts beating fast.

"I am sure there is something." Oh, I just loved that accent of his. I sighed.

"Well I like sleep." I smile. Dimitri laughs. His laughs were rare, but I hear them more these days than I used to when we were back at the academy. Dimitri comes around and sits in front of me.

"You and Lissa stayed safe today?" He asks, like he does every night. I smile tiredly.

"Yes." I say. "And you and Christian?"

"Yes, we were fine." I move closer to him and he pulls me into a hug. "You look tired Roza." He says, pulling away.

"I am tired." I state. Dimitri gets up and starts to lock up the apartment. He then comes back in and closes the windows and curtains.

"Rose what's that?" Dimitri asks, touching a bandage on the back of my neck. I pull myself off him and sit up on his legs. I bite my lip, contemplating whether I should tell him. Yesterday I was patrolling the wards when I came across two strigoi. I hadn't told him, and Lissa had healed my cuts and bruises. Today I had gotten my two molnija marks. I knew I couldn't keep it from him. He knew how many molnija marks I had, and two more just magically popping up was suspicious. I take a deep breath.

"I got two molnija marks today." Dimitri jumps up, pushing me off him. He rests his hands on my shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I bite my lip again, thinking of what to say.

"I didn't want to worry you." He shakes his head and closes his eyes for a moment.

"Rose when did this happen?"

"Yesterday when I was patrolling the wards. They came right up near them." He looks at me confused.

"You didn't look hurt... oh." He realises what happened. "Lissa healed you." I nod. "She wasn't with you at the time, was she?"

"No."

"That's good." He relaxes and slips back under the duvet. I cuddle back into him. His lips find my forehead, causing my body to tingle. He leaves them there, but my self control slips and I pull back, tilting my head up to meet his lips with mine. His hands move up into my hair as he kisses me softly. I feel a gentle heat surging through my body, pushing me deeper into the kiss. The tension and tightness in my body releases, and I push myself gently against Dimitri's body. He responds and pulls me closer. This felt right. Being here with Dimitri was where I was meant to be. I open my mouth a little bit, Dimitri jumping at the opportunity and slips his tongue inside my mouth. 

The kissing gets deeper and more intense, I let Dimitri control me. He was strong, but so was I, so I could stop him if he did something I didn't like. I was happy to let him lead today. But that didn't mean I didn't try. Despite my quick guardian senses, it still surprised me a little when Dimitri pulls me on top of him. During this time, his hands had slowly crept down from my hair to my lower back, his fingertips sometimes brushing under the hem of my camisole. I try to distract myself of the constant tingling of my skin from his touch and focus on kissing him. It was at this point he breaks off, letting me breathe. Except he didn't stop there. His lips made their way slowly across my face and then down my neck, soft and sweet.

"я люблю тебя." Dimitri whispers in Russian in between kisses. This was one of the few Russian phrases I knew. He said 'I love you' in Russian. Now, I found his accent incredibly sexy, but when he talked in Russian... oh my god. There were no words to describe how sexy that was, and even saying it was extremely sexy didn't do it near enough justice. I gently pull his face back and eagerly kiss him again. This time I took a little of his control away. He had always said we were equals, and there was no better time to prove it than now. I know I might be jumping steps, but I tug at Dimitri's shirt once, and immediately he gets the idea and lets me pull it off. Maybe I wasn't moving too quickly. Eventually more and more pieces of clothing end up on the floor. He may say we were always equals, but Dimitri beat me at getting clothes off. Today.

"Роза ты потрясающий. (Roza you are amazing)" Dimitri says. I have no idea what he said, but the way he said it, I suspected it was good. I smile. He kisses me along my collarbone. I had never felt so sure of myself with anyone else. Then Dimitri stops.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Shush." He silences me. I then hear what he was cautious about. I jump up and pull my clothes back on as silently as possible to let Dimitri listen. His face was expressionless, just as it was most of the time. He had gotten dressed, and I then notice he had his stake in his hand. I eye mine, and decide I needed it. 

Word Count: 1045