𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼

| | |

| | |

Blinding.

The light from her phone glared onto her brown skin as she checked the time.

5:04 AM.

Mac was trying to understand why her body roused her out of her sleep, she stared at the vents on the ceiling wishing that she could get sucked into them.

She sighed, there goes her brain again. Thinking thoughts.

To some, Macalister didn't really have anything to be down about her parents made more than enough for her to live comfortably. On the surface level she was happy, but deep down inside it was like a vicious voice clawing at all the things she hated about herself and the life she led. She often found herself meticulously considering the reasons why she might feel this way, therapy was out of the option. Something about telling her lawyer parents that she wanted to go to therapy was simply out of the question.

So she would prevail, unhappily on the inside but ecstatic outwardly.

But behind closed doors, the girl in her bed wished for peace. She lived with her Every-other day dad and her step-mother Katherine Brown. Referred to by Mac as Kate. And She couldn't possibly forget her half-sister Mia.

Before March her life used to be so simple. Her mother, Violet Brooks, got a job offer in Europe to help several environmental-based research cooperations as their company lawyer. They were facing a major class-action lawsuit and it ended up being more hands-on than usual.

Mac was made aware in March, and despite being nearly 18, her mother did not want her to be alone for months on end during her last year of high school. The daughter did not even mind, her mother traveled often, usually, Macalister got to tag along but it wasn't like her mother was missing graduation. Instead of staying with Madison or Grace. Her mother suggested her father, Malcolm Brown.

So here she was, in their large two-story modern farm-house, in a guest room turned into her room. She felt like an outsider, in a place she was forced to call home. So instead, she called it a place where she laid her head at night. Nothing was comforting about this place.

Averting her eyes from the white ceiling, Mac looks out of the window and sees the sun peek out from the horizon behind her half-opened blinds and decided it was time for her to start her day. She haphazardly threw her large white comforter off of her shivering body and took tentative steps towards the adjacent bathroom not appreciating the feeling of cool hardwood underneath her toes.