Chapter 4

"Heechul!!!!"

Siwan was delirious in fear. His only friend was now unconscious on his lap and he had no idea what to do.

"Heechul!!! Wake up!!!"

He felt a slight movement from the younger, indicating that he was still conscious. Siwan heaved a sigh of relief.

"Heechul ah... Are you able to stand?"

With the two working together, Siwan managed to get the younger boy on his back. Grunting, Siwan moved the boy up hitch on his back as his grip tightened around the elder's neck.

Soon, they arrived outside a metal door. Fumbling with his keys, Siwan unlocked it and walked inside, careful not to hit Heechul's body against anything as to prevent him from hurting any further.

"Where are we?" Heechul mumbled into Siwan's ear.

"My home." Siwan smiled and slowly let the boy fall softly into the bed.

"I should take a shower first. I'm dirtying your sheets..." Heechul was about to get up when Siwan held him down.

"I'll go bathe first, then you bathe afterwards, okay?"

Heechul nodded slowly, before lying down on the bed.

Once Siwan entered the bath, Heechul felt bad about dirtying the elder's sheets with his sweat drenched body and slowly got up to move himself to the couch instead. Half an hour passed and Heechul, being Heechul, grew restless.

"Yah, Siwan are you gonna be done soon?" he asked wearily, walking into the room. Lifting his head, he saw the elder with a towel around his waist, a deeply scarred back facing him.

"Don't look!!!" Siwan yelled in fear. He cowered in a corner, the towel now draped around his shoulders as to cover the scar on his back.

Heechul's heart broke at seeing the usually chirpy boy, now in his most vulnerable state, cowering away from the younger.

"S-Siwan ah..." Heechul took a few tentative steps towards the boy curled up on the wooden floor, who only seemed to move further away from him.

"Siwan ah... Don't be afraid... It's just me..."

Slowly, the elder moved towards Heechul towel still wrapped tightly around his shoulders. "C-couldn't you knock or something? Idiot..." Siwan was blushing a deep crimson red, and Heechul couldn't tell if it was from anger or embarrassment.

"Sorry, I just wanted to check up on you..."

Siwan shook his head and smiled sadly at Heechul.

"Don't be."

Heechul lifted his head, scanning Siwan's covered body, noticing the number of scars on it. His heart ached at the sight.

"Your back.... Is that what I think it is?"

Siwan stayed silent before replying, "Those are my 'wings' they're broken for now, though."

"Mind if I take a look...?"

Siwan hesitated, seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours until he finally stood, his back facing Heechul.

"The last time I've showed anyone was two years ago.... Don't tell anyone about this, please...."

"I won't. I won't tell anyone for as long as I live."

Slowly prying the white cotton off the elder's shoulders, Heechul slowly exposed the two large vertical scars on either side of Siwan's back. Heechul reeled back in shock.