Official Knight

Roman blinked, opening his eyes but ending up squinting to protect his eyes from the sudden light. When he was finally adjusted to the brightness, he could see he was on the bed of a strange room he'd never seen before. There were no clues as to how he got there, or why. All he knew was that one minute he was stood, ready to fight and the next he was there... In a well-decorated bedroom. The Kingdom's banners hung up on either side of the room to give off a symmetrical effect, unlit torches were scattered on the walls and, yet again on the walls, was a portrait of The King standing in front of the castle, looking quite happy. Roman looked over to his left, spotting a glass door that opened to a balcony. He got up, wanting to get a few minutes of fresh air when he noticed a mirror right next to the glass door. His reflection was, for the most part, normal... But, when he turned back towards the glass door, there was a rather large gash on the left side of his face.

Roman was about to inspect the wound for any further damage when he heard voices coming from outside the main door. In a panic, he attempted to get back to the bed but the door was opened before he could. He ended up standing in the middle of the room, looking as awkward as ever. When Roman actually looked at who was there, he let out a sigh of relief and mild anger. It was only Logan. And all he was doing was standing outside the room, looking as professional as ever. It always scared Roman when Logan acted professional and serious, as it usually meant some disaster was about to ensue. Which hardly ever had a silver lining. But, yet again, not today. Logan cleared his throat and finally broke the silence- "King Thomas, I'd like to introduce you to Roman." Logan gestured toward Roman even though there was nobody else in the room. Thomas stumbled into the room, almost tripping over but steadying himself.  He laughed at his mistake and smiled brightly "It's nice to meet you, Sir Roman!" The King always sounded cheery, unless The Kingdom was in massive disrepair, in which case he'd still try his best. In fact, when Roman thought about it, it was like King Thomas was a mix of him and all three of his friends. While Roman was busy questioning the king in his mind, other thoughts began to appear. Like noticing The King was actually talking to him. The King! So many thoughts were rushing through Roman's mind but he knew he had to try and speak "Your Majesty- Highness, it's, uh... Wait 'Sir'?!" A mess of words came tumbling out. He was still so shocked about... Well, everything! He couldn't even remember what to address Thomas as. The sentence 'It's nice to meet you.' was ruined by Roman being caught off-guard as 'Sir' was only a title used for Knights. "I believe, there's a high possibility he may be confused, Your Majesty." Logan pitched in from the door. Thomas laughed "Oh, of course! How silly of me! I forgot to tell you that you're officially a Knight!" He explained. Logan, still remaining professional, was very clearly trying to resist clapping and cheering. Roman grinned to himself, of course, he was a Knight, he was the obvious choice for the job. Then he stopped praising himself... "Thank you, King Thomas, but that still doesn't explain how or why I'm here." Yes, he trusted The King and Logan but that didn't mean he couldn't have answers. Roman was trying his very best to stay formal. Thomas attempted to answer his query but couldn't find the right words to explain. "You defeated all of you opponents." Logan started, subtly flipping through his flash cards "And then, I suppose, you passed out from, for a lack of a better word, tiredness? There wasn't any room left in the hospital, therefore, Thomas insisted on you staying here until you felt better." 

"What about Virgil and Patton? I mean where are they?" Roman assumed Patton would be looking for him, to congratulate him. So, he wanted to make sure he didn't accidentally wack them around the head with a sword. "Don't worry! They're just checking on all your earlier opponents." Thomas reassured him. That did sound like a very Virgil and Patton thing to do. Satisfied with his answers, Roman steadily walked over to the door. "Well, Thomas, Logan, it has been a pleasure and I'm grateful you let me rest here- but, I really should be getting home." That wasn't exactly true, he just didn't want to be any more of a bother to anyone in the castle since it was getting pretty dark. "Oh, you're uninformed. All Knights are accommodated within the castle walls." Logan informed him. Roman blinked, that meant he got to live in the castle. The place he'd dreamed of living in for years! And- "Thomas," Logan unintentionally interrupted Roman's daydream "You're due for dinner in five minutes and you aren't even downstairs yet!" He pointed to the clock, slightly furious. Thomas just smiled, stood up and walked over to Logan. Before leaving, he pointed down the hallway "I almost forgot! Three doors down and to the right!" And, with that Logan pulled Thomas towards the staircase.

Roman headed in the opposite direction, searching for his room. When he, eventually, reached it, after many trial and error, all he wanted to do was lay in bed. He couldn't explain why but, even after three hours of rest, he was exhausted. Roman opened the door and tried to adjust his eyes to the dark as fast as he could, there was no point in lighting a candle if he was going straight to bed. He'd explore in the morning. With that, he slumped on the bed, buried himself in his blanket and closed his eyes. Hopefully to have a nice dream.

All of his dreams had just come true in one day, so his first real dream should be good, right?