13.Someone was there

"We were living with my brother in law and his two teens when i was pregnant. He has an elevated house on quite a bit of former hunting land, several miles down a county road.

My husband works 7-6 and BIL works offshore for 14 days. While he was at work, his kids stayed with their grandmother. Nice house but it had a weird vibe. I chalked it up to pregnancy hormones.

One day, home alone i was taking a shower and felt someone staring at me. I stuck my head out and listened. Couldnt hear anyone in the house so i resumed my shower. A while later i heard the back door shut. I was standing in the kitchen and could see the door (which had no steps and was 6′ from the ground). Door was still locked.

I told my husband about it that night and he shrugged it off. We locked down and went to bed. I dont know how long id been asleep but i woke up to the blankets being yanked off the bed and my husband flipping on every light in the house. He threw open every door, every cabinet, looked in every pantry or closet while holding his handgun. I asked what was going on and he swore he heard boots thumping through the house and someone talking. Everything was still locked and its not a big house. Nobody was there except us.

One night, a while later, my niece came into our room (her dad worked over and we had them for a few days) and asked to sleep in bed with us. Now, this girl isnt scared of anything and is 14 at the time. I sat up, told my husband to scoot over, and patted my pillow. Thats when i noticed her 16 year old brother curled up under a blanket on the floor beside me. "Why are you both in our room at 2 in the morning?"

They didnt want to answer at first but explained that something in my nieces room laughs at night. I hated that room when we moved in, and put up any laundry i did quickly in there. I asked my nephew why he was on the floor and he said, "She came into my room on the cot to sleep but something started knocking on the door. We came down here as soon as it stopped."

Again, husband flipped on every light, looked in every nook and cranny. Nothing.

Eventually we moved out, and the kids decided to live full time with grandma. My husband said he heard a man laughing in my nieces room, but there was nobody there when he turned on the lights. Scared the shit out of him." — KNSF