~ christella and andromeda ~

It was the middle of the night when Andromeda heard sobs coming from the Christella's bedroom. Knowing her daughter wasn't home to comfort the girl, Andromeda swung her legs out of bed and clicked her door open, moving to the next room where the crying was coming from. Opening the door, Andromeda caught sight of Christella. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying and small hiccups were escaping from her lips.

"Ella, " Andromeda walked over to Christella's bed and placed her hand over the girl's. Her soft voice seemed to soothe Christella.

Christella looked up at Andromeda who smiled gently in her direction.

"What's the matter, honey?" Andromeda invited herself to sit next to the red-headed girl.

"He's going to hurt me. He's going to hurt you. He's going to hurt everyone I love." Christella's voice cracked as Andromeda brushed a stray hair from the little girl's face.

"Who's going to hurt you?"

"Uncle V-Vernon."

Tears streamed down Christella's face as Andromeda wrapped her arm around her tiny body. It broke Andromeda's heart to see the girl break down like this, to be so vulnerable, so broken. Andromeda simply couldn't see how a thirteen-year-old girl had to go through everything she did, just to be in a safe home.

Christella seemed to have calmed down until a tree branch tapped on the window, causing the girl to jump. Andromeda watched the girl work herself up again as she tried and tried to comfort her and help her. When it seemed that the girl was about to work herself into a full-blown panic attack, Andromeda picked Christella up and cradled her, holding her tightly to her chest.

"It's okay. You're safe. No one can hurt you while you're with me."

Christella seemed to be holding onto Andromeda so tightly that her knuckles had turned a pinkish shade of white.

Andromeda, not knowing exactly what to do, adjusted her grip on the little girl and carried her out into the lounge room, sitting with her on the couch while stroking her hair. Christella's episode slowly faded away until she was resting gently against Andromeda, who did not once leave the girl alone. Andromeda knew what it was like to be subjected to the abuse and torture Christella had experienced which was why she was so quick to agree to take the girl on.

These people had left the deepest physical and psychological scars on Christella. Andromeda could only hope they would someday get what they deserved.