Homework and Bad Decisions

I was sitting in my room, working on my math homework— stupid Algebra 2— when my phone buzzed.

I checked the notification, only to see a text from Marissa.

It was a screenshot of a snapchat.

It looked like a party.

I got another text from her; it said:

'Holy shit, Damion's having party!'

I gasped and texted back,

'Well then, I guess it's time to crash a party'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This party is insane.

People are drunk, high, and all sorts of hot and bothered.

Mar and I got here a few minutes ago, and we both already have beers in our hands.

I walk over to the back porch, where the drinking games are happening, and before I know it, I'm being dragged to the table as a competitor.

I was handed a tray of 20 vodka shots, and was told to finish before my opponent. I didn't get the chance to see who I was up against before the bell rung, and I started downing shots.

The bitter liquid burned my throat on its way down, and my eyes began to tear.

The noise around me was deafening as I continued, throwing my head back as I down one shot after the other.

Before I knew it, there were no more shots in the line of my blurry vision, and people were patting my back left and right.

The person I'm assuming was my opponent walked up to me, and when my vision came in to focus, I almost puked.

I had just won a drinking game at Damion's party;

Against Damion.