02 Dude Encounter

—a s t r i d

"Hey!" There was a snarl right behind me. "Don't you go yet! I've got something to tell you — you... bim—!" Trisha was advancing at a fast pace, desperate to catch up to where I was. Exasperated, I stopped walking and sighed, turning around to face her, intentionally slow.

"What do you want?" I snapped. "I've got something to tell you, too. First off, you're no boss to stop me from walking! I'm a growing kid and I'm hungry!" I barely stopped an eye-roll. "Second, I have a name. I'm not a bimbo," because that's you, I managed to hold back, "I'm Astrid Hofferson. Lastly, why are so obsessed with bothering me? The dude's not mine! You can go suck up to him all you want! Loki's loincloths, damn, I just want a life without getting annoyed by people of your kind." I managed to whisper the last few sentences; I don't have the head space for that kind of courage yet.

 She gasped a bit too dramatically, fanning herself with a nicely manicured hand. Her squad of clone agreed, nodding their hands in unison. They look like a cult... they probably worship Maybelline.

 "Good grace, Hofferson, you have done a great mistake. You don't have any rights to reply rudely to the likes of me," she looked around at the fake barbies at her side; the longer I look the more morphed-together they looked. "Right, ladies?"

I tried to bite back an incredibly witty comeback, but decided against it.

"Yeah? I have no right to talk 'rudely' to you but you have the right to talk even worse to me?"

Trisha Millane was about to open her mouth, but I did her a favor by shutting her out and making a beeline towards my lunch tray. Odin's eye, Hiccup Haddock was right behind me. "Hiccup? What are you doing — hey! That's my tray!" I exclaimed, trying to get my lunch, but to no avail. Curse tall people and their offensively long limbs.

"I just want to help, okay? Can't get these bad babies off commission," he announced smugly, flexing his puny muscles. What the Hel? (As in, the Norse deity of Helheim... I'm a good kid.)

Being the strong, independent women I was, I took great offense to having a feather-weight tray snatched away from me. I'm not weak, you meinfretr. Trying to assert dominance, I punched the great Haddock straight to the stomach, earning a cry of agony from him.

I stared at him, smug. I raised my eyebrow at him, as if saying, be grateful I punched your gut, not your... thing.

Punching insufferable dudes felt good.

I got a few moments of peace. I took an empty chair by the corner, hyped to finally get a bite of my savory, savory sandwich, when some stinkfart landed his tray on my table. "Want some company?"

I just — I just punched this guy!

"No, Hiccup, for the last time, let me be! Leave me alone." There was a slight shake to my voice, almost pleading, but I refused to sound submissive. A blue, blue pout painted the canvass of his face, and if it weren't for the fact that I was madly annoyed by this guy, I would have found the scene adorable. He skipped back, going to where his group of friends would be.

Good. Some alone time, and a time where jealous girls won't meddle with my business.

—s n o t l o u t

Weird point-of-view, I know. Where the heck is the main protagonist? What's this loser doing in the story?

I know, I know.

Although you might very well regret you won't be seeing the glorious Snotlout Jorgenson down your lane.

Anyway, I saw her, alone at the table, sitting where the myriad of screaming serenity wrapped around her, spreading like wildfire. If I had to contribute to this cheesy novel, I'd say that if I had a girl of my dreams, it would be her.

I slowly walked forward, a satisfied grin making its way to my face. "Hey! Wanna —"

She immediately stood up and walked away.

"— go out some time...?"

Note: Hello, hello, hello, I hope this revision wasn't too bad. No matter how much I try to edit it, this fic is just way badly written to me. I'm just wondering how people managed to like this (even back when it was unedited). But I feel very flattered, and honored, weirdly enough. Thank you so much for reading! I always have better books on my other account, azurestained, if you'd care to check them out.

Old Author's Notes:

I wanted to say that one of the inspirations of the revision of this chapter is the song Fronting by rookie male group, Seventeen.

This revision is too short though, I just seem to edit this and fill in some additives, I hope this part is nice enough ^^

And since I have been bickering about this "Fronting" song too much, I added the song in the multimedia! Haha, though I'm not forcing you to listen to it, I just wanted to share. /insert laughing-with-tears emoji here/ Judge my music taste, if you wanted to :) { THAT ASTRID PIC THOUGH HAHAHA I'M SORRY }

--TheCoolestAstrid 2015, xx

=●°[Author's Note]°●=

Hey peeps! :)

How's the update?Too short?

Anyways, this is for my twin, @TheWhiteFury for being my best supporter other than @xxwhoareyouoo !! Goodness,guys thank you so much! :D

I will continue this book and try to update everyday if I can..Writing a High School story of Hiccstrid is such a hit to write and very enjoyable!

Byeee!

#NewGenNightIsAmazzzing!

#GetWellSoonAngelee

~TheCoolestAstrid ♥