Unexpected progress

"It's just not working!" I shouted.

Matt cast me a sideways glance.

"Could you please come sit over here and nurse me instead of trying to paint that idiots personality, oh wait there's an idea paint an idiot, something dumb like a pigeon."

"A pigeon?" I asked frustrated.

"Yes, hopefully Jace will just fly away so he never has to bother you again." Matt said.

"He doesn't bother me." I said.

Matt's expression seemed to change. "Wasn't he supposed to meet up with you last week so you two could get to know each other better?"

I knew where this was going.

"Yes we were." I answered.

"And why exactly didn't you two meet up?" Matt asked, he seemed to be enjoying this.

"He text saying he was busy."

"What exactly was he doing?"

My mood shifted from frutrated to annoyed. "He was-well, he still hasn't given me an explanation."

"I have no further questions." Matt smiled to himself and went back to reading some comic he just bought.

I went back to my blank canvas while rolling my eyes seeing as he won that round. I was supposed to come up with something magnificant but I was incapable of drawing something because I didn't know what I was drawing because I didn't know Jace! And that was entirely his fault.

"I give up." I threw my freshly cleaned paint brushes aside and sat down next to Matt.

"You should give up on him too, he's a hopeless case." Matt peeked over the top of his comic to see if I would react but instead I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted.

"Everyone in art class has been getting on really well with their partners, even Candice is doing better than me."

Matt laughed. "Don't worry, you'll come up with something eventually."

I sighed and leaned back looking at the cast that clasped tightly around Matt's leg. I signed it of course, but looking at it now more people had signed it. People who didn't talk to him, people who didn't know him. How could they sign his cast if they didn't know him? Everything they wrote is just a lie and that is exactly why I have to get to know Jace better before I even attempt to draw his personality. My art project was certainly not going to be a lie.

"Quit staring at my leg."

My eyes met Matt's amused ones. "Quit staring at my face." I retorted.

He laughed, "I can't," he said, "beautiful things are like magnets, my eyes are automatically drawn to you."

My whole body went rigid and my cheeks flushed. I tried to laugh it off but it came out high pitched and girly making Matt laugh and my cheeks grow pinker.

"You have to go." I said suddenly.

"What?"

I pushed Matt of my couch and continued to drag him to my front door until he turned around suddenly making me crash face first into a very hard muscular chest. Since when is Matt muscular?

It was then my friends, when I took two steps back, I noticed that Matt wasn't the fragile nerdy boy who I defended against bullies all those years ago. No, he was tall, muscular and strong. How I hadn't I noticed his change in appearance was beyond me but I guess I never thought of my best friend that way, and by that way I mean attractive, someone I could have an interest in.