XX ||

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Its probably just me, but I think of Drake playing Manny (Modesty's father) I don't know why, but I do. Okay on with the story 

  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint

  But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.  ~Isaiah 40:31

Modesty (Flashback)

"Okay... Yeah I I'll tell her ... Love you too" 

I haven't spoken to Mommy in a while, Daddy wouldn't tell me where she went  or why she wasn't coming back for a while, something about she needed help or whateer he said. All I know is I didn't want to go to my Uncles house, I wanted to stay with Daddy.

"Do you got all your stuff?" Daddy walks in the room, I sat on the bed trying to remember how to tie my shoe , I couldn't remember how daddy tied it yesterday. 

He eventually came and helped me. He could tell I didn't know, he always could tell. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"I don't want to go to Uncle Marcus's , Can I just come with you --" 

" I already told you you can't. If I could bring you I would but I can't baby" He says. "Daddy has some business to take care of , I promise I'll be there to pick you up first thing in the morning" 

Like always I held out my pinky, He always pinky promised with me. He locks our pinkies together. Soon after that I hear a beep, Uncle Marcus was outside. 

"You gonna be a good girl for me?" Daddy asked. I nodded with a smie. He grabs my hand and takes me outside. 

---

"Manny?!! C'mon bro"

"OH SHIT ! Call the police the ambulance somebody--" "I'm doing it , Hello?! We need help right now"