One: Skye Midnight

Skye awoke, and groaned as the annoying and persistent sound of her alarm echoed throughout her small yet cozy bedroom.
She sighed, and reached over to stop the sound.
She hopped out of bed, then showered and dressed, remembering that she had a meeting in Strawberry Plaza, in Creekside Park.
She placed some bread in the toaster, and poured herself some apple juice while it toasted.
She grabbed the toasted bread in midair (an odd talent only she seemed to possess) and took a bite out of it.
-----
Skye was fifteen winters, but tall for her age. She had ash-brown hair, grey eyes and prided herself in her mixed race: her father hailed from the Caribbean.
Today, she dressed in a grey hoodie, alongside a generic green T-shirt, complimented by ripped black jeans and matching trainers.
She was meeting Jazz, an eccentric yet unhealthily amusing individual of fourteen summers, who apparently had found out something "life-changing that YOU GOTTA SEE RIGHT NOW!" as he had practically yelled during a phone call.
So, naturally, she had promised to meet him there, and had sacrificed her lie-in for the greater good.
The reason is that Jazz was just too lovable to say no to.
He was short, adorably so, and consistently wore baggy, two-sizes-too-big clothing. He was African-American, but didn't let people judge him for it.
He was just so kind, and believed everyone had some good in them. Some people might call him naïve, but Skye found it cute.
He was always happy or excited, and it was infectious; Skye always found herself laughing or smiling around him.
-----
When she arrived at the park, she understood.
There was a fair.
Jazz loved fairs.
Like, bordering on obsession.
Skye sighed; she'd never much liked fairs.
She had a fear of danger, so thrill rides weren't fun to her.
Of course, Jazz made her ride them anyway, and Skye was too fond of him to tell him to stop.
She reluctantly walked into the midst of the fair, and looked around for Jazz.
He wasn't hard to find; you could hear his screams from a mile away.
She found him practically bouncing: he'd clearly just gotten off a ride.
"Explains the screams," Skye muttered to herself.
-----
After Jazz had dragged her onto too many rides to count, she told him she was going to head home.
Of course, he wasn't having any of that.
"C'mon! You have to meet my friend!"
Skye sighed (again) and followed him to the obligatory bouncy castle that every fair must have to be considered a fair.
On said bouncy castle, there was a lone teenager about Skye's age.
When they saw Jazz, they grinned and made their way over to him.
"Hey, long time no see!"
Jazz smiled back, and the two hugged.
"So, who's this?" the teenager asked.
"Oh, right! Skye, this is Alex. Alex, this is Skye."
Skye awkwardly shook Alex's hand; she'd never been good at social interaction.
"Oh, and, um, Alex is genderfluid." Jazz.
"OK." was Skye's response, "what's your current gender?"
"Right now, I'm male," replied Alex.
Skye nodded as response, and then ended up being dragged by Jazz to go on a ride, the type she didn't know; she hadn't been paying attention.
The reason for her ignorance was simple; she was staring at Alex.
This was because Alex was hot.
Like, really hot.
He was tall, but not as tall as Skye, and he had a lean yet muscular frame, showing he worked out at least somewhat.
He was wearing a black tank top (because of the temperature, Skye deduced) and black jogging pants with trainers, coloured (use your best guess) black.
And as she took in all of this, Jazz was still pulling Skye and Alex along.
-----
WHOO BOY this took a while to write.
But hey, it's here now.
This was an adventure, and I've only written one chapter!
If you find any grammar mistakes, lemme know.
Also, there are a bunch of accidental references, so try and find them!
Also, the wonderful cover for this book was made by parnikalal, go check them out, they're super talented.
If you enjoyed, consider leaving a vote, and comment to let me know how I can improve!
Also, like it says in the tags, this story will have slow updates, so don't expect anything too often.
Bai!
-Crimson.