"I almost lost you" Poe

When Poe learned you had been involved in an accident during flight drills, his heart dropped. He immediately sprinted to the medical wing, looking a total mess. His X wing could wait. You were the most important thing on his mind. He had to make sure you were okay.

"(Y/N)!" He yelled while running down the hallways. "Where's (Y/N)!?"
Tears we're clouding his vision. He had to find you and make sure you were okay.

Leia had already warned the nurses while she sent Finn to tell Poe about the accident. She knew he'd be a hot mess when he found out.

"She's right this way, Poe." A nurse quickly led him down the metallic hallway and into your frigid room.

She escorted herself out with a sad smile. "She'll be alright, Poe. It wasn't too bad."

Quickly scrambling over to the sink, Poe washed the grease off as fast as he could, not taking his eyes off of you. He wanted to hold you and tell you everything was going to be okay.

It was going to be okay. He had to keep repeating that to himself.

Your body was burned and bruised and he partly blamed himself for it.

"I knew we should've slept in." He quietly rasped, teary eyed, looking over you. He thought back to the early morning groan session about going to work. He almost called in for you. Regret sunk his heart like a battleship.

Quickly pulling up a chair to the side of the bed he sat down, grabbing your frail hand, running his thumb carefully over the scars.

"(Y/N), honey, please wake up." He choked out, tears streaming down his tanned face.
"I'm so sorry." his eyes scanned your partly burned body. "I could have saved you. I could have been there."

His sobs were becoming more and more before he lied his head on the bed.
He knew he had to calm down. If you were to wake and see him like this, it'd stress you out even more.
Poe learned this over your relationship.  You couldn't stand to see him cry. It broke your heart.

Calming himself down, he began to drift off into a faint state of sleep, dreaming about everything being normal again.

~

Your small movement was enough to make his raise his head.

"(y/n)?" Poe asked still half asleep but yet awake at the same time.

"Poe..? Why am I in the medical wing? A-are you okay?" Your bright eyes met his and relief brushed over him.

You were okay.

"There was an accident. I-I almost lost you."

His tired eyes were trying to keep his tears at bay, to be strong for you. He was failing. And that was okay.

A/N:
I'm thinking about doing a part two.. Should I? 💓