Chapter 一 (B)

3rd P.O.V

Melissa McCall had woken up at around 2am because she had had the need to go to the bathroom. She stood up and and walked out of her bedroom, yawning and rubbing her eyes as the feeling of tiredness washed over her. She went to the bathroom and did her business before going back to her room. As she was walking back she heard a giggle coming from her youngest's room. She frowned and slowly walked over as she heard muttering and more laughter come out of the room. Melissa pushed open the bedroom door and all sounds stopped.

Upon entering, Melissa's eyes darted to the bed where her daughter was supposed to be, only to be surprised when she saw that she was not in said bed. She looked around the room until her eyes paused on the child, whom was sitting criss-cross on her dresser.

Kylie was not able to reach the top of her dresser. Her mother always had to grab her t-shirts because Kylie was too small to reach the top drawer.

How had she managed to climb it?

"Kylie, what are you doing up? It's two in the morning, honey," Melissa told her, approaching.

Kylie did not answer, she merely stared at her mother with no specific expression whatsoever.

Her mother's frowned deepened.

"Come on, let's get you to bed," she said, picking her daughter up and walking over to the bed and tucking her in.

Kylie stared intently at her mother the entire time.

When Melissa was done she kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Sleep now. You'll be tired tomorrow if you don't."

She then walked out and back to her own bedroom to sleep.

When her mother exited her room, Kylie sat back up on her bed and smiled when she spotted the familiar bug on her ceiling. She giggled as it flew around her room, creating a small light as it flew around.

Yes, a light. See, this bug wasn't any king of bug.

It was a firefly.

Stiles was tossing and turning in his bed that night. Sweat was dampening his brow as his breathing heightened.

"Don't... no. Don't let them in. Don't let them in."

Stiles had been mumbling similar lines all night but still kept his eyes closed. Until he finally took a deep breath and opened them. He looked up and found himself staring into some spots of light, but saw that it wasn't from the moon shining from his window. He wasn't even in his bed. He saw that he was now in some kind of small space. He then moved and pushed on the door keeping him in until it broke open and he stepped out to realize that he had been in a locker. A school locker at the locker room. He saw that the place was pitch black with very little light for him to see. But there was enough for him to look over and see himself being reflected in one of the mirrors above the sinks. His head then snapped to the side as he heard a little giggle followed by some movement from the corner of his eye.

"Kylie...?" He called out.

He left the locker room and began to move down the halls where he thought he saw the figure going.