Chapter - 1

Chapter - 1

A/N - I'm editing the story and doing some changes, so do read the whole story again.
And I'll update the new chapter soon.

Unedited.

"The presentation is ready Mam." exclaimed a girl with a tone of satisfaction as her face gleams with joy.

" Oh ! Thank God Roshi " replied a short, skinny girl in her middle twenties. 

"But aren't you nervous Nandini ?" asked Roshi to Nandini with a little nervousness spreading across her face.

"That word doesn't come in my dictionary anymore, Roshi, and you know it well," replied Nandini with a confident smile which brought a smile on Roshi's face too.

If someone else would have been on Roshi's place then they might have considered Nandini as an overconfident person. But it was no other person, but Roshi, Nandini's best friend as well as her employee working under her.

They were not just best friends but much more than friends. People always said that they must be soul sisters in their past life. Well, they definitely were, Roshi could understand Nandini as no one else could, after all, they were together for 5 years.

The Nandini that is witnessed by the world every day is not the real Nandini and Roshi knew it well but as said every coin got two sides.

Roshi had witnessed a broken, weak, vulnerable Nandini crying at nights without reason. Screaming and waking up with bad nightmares. Being alone even after being in a crowd. She had witnessed her possessiveness for her many times and the fear of losing her as well.

Though Roshi couldna find the reason behind her fear. Years passed since the day Nandini met Roshi but never told her the reason for not being her real self, for never opening her wounded heart in front of anyone. For not crying in front of anyone as the world would think she is weak.

And Roshi being the best never asked as she knew a day would come when she would be strong enough to hold herself and will tell her everything.

"Okay, Roshi we should leave now for the meeting starts in 2 hours," Nandini told Roshi as she went towards the exit of her elegant office situated on the 40th floor of one of the skyscrapers of New York.

She settled herself in the car as they drove towards the office of "The Khanna's" which comes in the world's top 5 leading firms.

"Everything should go perfect Nandini. You and our team have worked day and night for this deal," said Roshi which brought Nandini out of her own world of thoughts. 

"See, Roshi our work was to do our best, else everything is in the hands of God," replied Nandini with a ray of hope and a small smile lingering on her lips.

Roshi was at peace with her answer. She was proud of her friend. How couldn't she?

Nandini was one of the youngest Indian women who had a top fashion house in New York City. She was very much famous in the western countries for her designs as they were so refreshing and elegant and she was awarded as the "youngest fashion designer of the year" in just three years of her carrier.

She was the only Indian woman in New York right now who was this successful for the world knows how difficult it is for young and new designers to make their place in such a competitive field where hundreds of designers come and go every day. Nandini too was one of them 5 years back. 

Roshi still remembers that lost Nandini who was just unknown about her future as she stepped her feet on this land. It was the last week or say last few days when Nandini stayed like for after that day, Nandini changed herself fully and her life changed her too.