Chapter - 2

Chapter - 2

Unedited

"Manik, don't think much. I know you'll be able to earn her forgiveness." Nihal said dumping himself on the couch beside Manik where he was lost in his own world.

"Are you sure Nihal? I mean, although you have taken my promise yet I'm not sure that she will even listen to me." Replied Manik with a tinge of sadness on his face.

"You believe me right? And I know Nandini more than you. Don't forget I met her before you. That's a different thing that even I couldn't be with her when she needed her friend the most." Nihal replied in a sad tone for being guilty of not being able to support Nandini.

"You know what Nihal, you're right. And you're also wrong. You're right that Nandini will forgive me for I have seen the love in her eyes no matter how much she tries to hide it. You're wrong because even you know that how much you tried to search for her, we both tried but she left us with no clue. Woh toh acha Hua ki, we met Amma who told us about her after lots of pleading, otherwise, I had almost lost my Nandini." Manik said the last line as a whisper.

He was really guilty of his deeds even though he didn't have any option back then.

"Manik, don't blame yourself again okay? And have you forgotten our conversation this afternoon? I hope you remember." Manik nodded with a smile and Nihal an assuring hug.

"Yes Nihal, I remember and I'll do anything to get my Nandini back in my life," Manik replied hugging him recalling their conversation this afternoon.

Sitting on the bench in his lavish backyard of the Malhotra premises, he again wiped his newborn tears that were ready to drop out at any moment.
His eyes were red shot due to his constant crying.

No, he wasn't a cry baby but meeting your love after years and being the reason for her tears was as equal as death for Manik Malhotra.

He definitely left Nandini thereafter carrying a gorgeous smile on his face but only he knew how he was crying from inside.

He was breaking into pieces after witnessing the facade that she was wearing in front of him. How could she think that he would believe in her fake words? It doesn't matter whether she told him or not about her state because he knew how broken she was.

But let's not forget it was because if him only. He was responsible for all of this.

"Crying isn't a solution Manik." Pleaded Nihal with a soft voice.

It wasn't easy for him to see his best friend crying and breaking like this. Even though it wasn't new for him to witness Manik this way but today it was a different thing.

He knew that no matter what happens every day but today has to be different for him because Nandini was there in front of him and he was helpless.

Nihal and Manik were best friends since the day they stepped their feet in the Kindergarten school of Shimla.

They were just not best friends but like soul brothers.

"I can't hurt her more Nihal," Manik replied in a soft whisper. Words were not coming out of his mouth. It felt as if he wasn't telling him but rather reminding himself of his deeds.    

"Then who is telling you to do it even? You know that SHE is behind the bars now. Nothing can go wrong now." Nihal replied.

"I know Nihal but still.......you know that I want to go to her and beg for forgiveness which I don't even deserve but the fear of that truth is haunting me. What if she comes to know the truth? Now, after 5 years. No Nihal you know she'll break into pieces if she will come to know about it and I can't let that happen. These five years away from her I had spent just to keep that secret safe and I can't risk that. She had to bear so much of pain already and I can't give her more" Manik said and Nihal nodded his head in a no thinking how selfless Manik's love for Nandini was.