A long trip

(Above is the original cover design)

A Long Trip

Hey there fellow dragonriders, you missed me? Supposing you missed me as much as I missed you guys, I wish to tell you to find yourself a cosy and comfortable place as this chapter is very long. It is a beautiful story about friendship and sometimes we cannot have a perfect life and know where it's heading. This story will bring you the unexpected. You have waited for it since January (2018) and I really hope that you will enjoy reading it.

(It's my first time writing chapters this long)

soleneoceane

pronunciation of names

Manon – ma-non/noon/none

Pierrik – Pee-ay-rick

Written in 1st POV.

Hello, my name is Ocean and I am a pretty normal looking 20 years old girl. I am kind of short and thin and I have ombré green and hazel eyes with a tint of blue. My hair is a bright hazelnut colour with streaks of sandy blond with a slight curl to them, I often tie them in a side braid or let them loose for the wind to mess it up again. That's nature for you.

I normally wear simple clothes, nothing too elaborate, consisting of a light blouse with leggings. However, everyday, I wear my necklace, it is made of a cute disk hanging off of a long chain. The cherry on the top for my everyday outfits is the black bandanna that I always wear around my head, my signature look.

I lived in the department Ardèche in the centre of France. I like it there as the weather in often warm until October where you feel like it's Scotland, it gets so cold. Back to the topic, Ardèche is in the region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpe and a shit load of other names..... So, I lived in the middle of France (easier?) where it is normally really warm and has perfect weather for suntan during most of the year and perfect for snowball fights during the winter.

That day was the grand day, I was taking the train from a city close by to where my parents live in Ardèche, going straight to Paris, the capital city. I was going there to enroll into an animation school. It had been my dream as a teenager to go there with my best friend, unfortunately she didn't pass like I did. The school has very hard trials, many apply but only a handful can get in, you must know how I felt when I read the acceptance letter.

When I was younger, about 14 years old, I loved (and I still do) the movie called "How to train your dragon", my creativity had been sparked at that time and that movie took over me, I became an enormous fan of it. It was inspiring to me so much and this inspiration kept on growing inside me over the years.

I switched on my phone, it was a gold colour with a picture of a night fury stuck on the back, my wallpaper was a fan art of a Sandwraith, my favourite dragon.

It would have been my very first year as a uni student and, to say the least, I was extremely nervous about going there. I remembered being in total shock as I read the letter the school sent me. And I am going to live in Paris, one of the most famous cities in the whole wide entire world! I have already gone there when I was small, but that was with my parents. That time, I was all alone, with no friends to guide me, having nothing nor anyone to hold onto.

But that would not be the reason for me to step back from my dreams, I would do it, it was a big opportunity that I could not walk away from. At that time, later in my life, I wanted to create a fourth "How to train your dragon" movie to keep dreams of young children all around the world going and not for them to go extinct. Make it a quadrilogy with an undefined ending. It was my dream, the dream that I always had under my arm since I-don't-know-which-grade. I wished for that series and these characters to never end. I had the rests of the story imagined in my head, many of which I wrote on internet as fanfictions.