High Mountains

Damian took photos of teens in the orchard while waiting for Carrie to catch up. In the low light it took a lot of tries to get good head shots even with the high tech camera.

Carrie left Her ATV out of earshot and met up with Damian. She took to a tree and Damian who'd been thinking up a plan of sorts messed up his hair a bit settled a cocky expression on his face, deliberately slouched and stepped out of the shadows.

"You're on our property. Didn't you see the mother load of trespassers will signs? That fence line is normally electrified. You're lucky you didn't fry."

"So what are you gonna do about it?"

"Don't need to do anything. I'm waiting for my girl friend. I might have lowered a few of the security features to allow for a nice friendly visit but you see all the detection alarms are still on, so unless I phone the security company soon the cops'll come sirens blaring. I just thought I'd give you the courtesy of a warning."

Carrie might have only been 13 but she'd had that growth spurt girls get before boys. In the dark she could have been 11 or 18. The teenage midnight meeting was a cover they'd used before. Neither of them particularly liked it but Gotham was really good at ignoring teens doing inappropriate things. It was like you put your hands in each other's pockets and suddenly you were indistinguishable from the backdrop of buildings, garbage and flickering streetlights. Carrie wasn't sure how well this would work in Wayne manner's cultured orchard but before she had a chance to give it much thought Wonder Woman came striding out of the darkness to stand beside Damian.

"Is this the girlfriend? Brother, she's one fine mess of curves, lips, hips and those mountains are plenty high enough if you're asking my opinion." Wonder Woman was toasted with cheap liquor in brown paper bags.

Wonder Woman was taller and more generously appointed then Stephanie. The shirt she was wearing for cover was riding up revealing a little of the warrior's armor underneath.

One of the punks flicked the shirt up a little more getting right into the Amazon Princess's personal space. "Are you dressed as Wonder Woman under there? Dude, you really did have an interesting night planned." Damian was toasted with cheap liquor this time.

Carrie wanted to pee she was trying so hard to hold back the laughter. She could see Wonder Woman clenching and unclenching one fist. I don't want to, she thought but I'd better bail them out before this turns into something requiring ambulances, fire trucks and the army.

"Big brother? Where are you? Come out! Bro? I can't find the cat!" Carrie called letting her voice sound young and high. Still snickering, she watched as the drunken teens having had their fill of amusement hopped the fence to find other trouble.

As soon as the teens were out of sight Damian straightened and tidied his hair. He huffed obviously embarrassed but refusing to acknowledge it. He looked Wonder Woman straight in the eyes but couldn't think of a thing to say that wouldn't make things worse.

Carrie jumped down out of her tree chortling with laughter.

"SHUT UP! They're gone aren't they?! Just don't talk to me!" Damian snapped at Carrie stalking off to return to his ATV.

"He didn't mean for you to walk into that," Carrie explained quietly. "He's not usually disrespectful to women. He's usually disrespectful to everyone, equally; particularly the unintelligent. Which in his mind is usually,... still everyone."