The Abandoned House

The night was young, citizens wandered around the Dwarven city of Markarth. The metallic smell lingered in the air, of silver, gold, and iron. The warrior set foot into the new hold, looking around and taking in the new atmosphere. He spotted a man, perhaps in his 30s, discreetly pull out an iron dagger from his belt. He turned and moved forward towards a young woman, in her late 20s, and swung the dagger at her.

The blade took his innocence. The woman screamed and befell to the floor, the man turning in triumph. "Glory to the forsworn!" He laughed, the town guards pulling out swords and bows. "You are under arrest!" They ordered, the archers preparing an arrow to fire. "I don't think so!" The man, who was named Weylin, turned and bolted for the exit, but was taken by various arrows to his back. "The forsworn will rise again..." His last words spoke, then lay dead.

The guards wandered to the dead body, leaning down. "Gods...the forsworn." One said, sheathing his sword and looking to the heavens, as if looking for guidance from the Eight divines. "Everyone step back! Nothing to see here!" Another said.

The warrior stepped away, before walking nervously up the path to the Understone Keep at the far end of the city. A young man walked to him, frisky, almost seeming like his father. "I saw what happened. Are you alright?" The warrior nodded feebly, but sighed. "I saw everything, apparently he's a forsworn." The man gave a scowl. "Oh, I think you dropped this. Some kind of note." He handed the paper to the warrior and turned, walking to the Silver-Blood Inn.

The elf tucked the paper away and wandered to the Understone Keep. He had discovered that there was something mysterious happening in the Hall of the Dead, here in Markarth, but decided to let it slide for later on. Once he had exited the keep, he retraced the path he had used to get up, a Vigil of Stendarr and a sturdy man caught his eye.

"Do you know anything about this house?" The Vigil asked, quite seriously. The man simply crossed his arms and shook his head. "No." Then simply walked away. At this point in time, the elf had become curious. He approached the Vigil.

"Excuse me, do you know anything about this house?" He politely asked the hero. "No, why are you asking?" The Vigil adjusted his Mage hood. "I'm with the Vigil of Stendarr. We believe this house is being used for Daedra worship, evil rites and so forth." The hero nodded and gazed at the locked door. "Do you want some help, in that case?" The elf asked him, becoming gradually concerned about how this man will survive around a Daedra.

"I was just about to head on inside myself. C'mon, we've got no time to lose." The Vigil opened the door, and without haste, the two entered the house.