Chapter 11: A New Chapter

Kakashi no longer technically lead team 7 due to his duties as Hokage , but he still trained with them when he could because he had trouble sitting behind a desk. He brought Gaara and Keiko on board during one of Gaara's visits due to their prowess and approaching undetected. Gaara was far better at it than Keiko but she was getting pretty good. She was still frustrated she couldn't sneak up behind Kakashi.

He grabbed her and kissed her on the cheek through his mask.

"Not quite good enough," he smiled.

"I didn't even make a sound," she complained.

"I have a better sense of smell than the average human," he said. "Besides, this training is more for them than for you," Kakashi said indicating Sakura, Sai, and Naruto somewhere out in the woods.

"Oh, right," she replied. "Well, next time I guess I'll have to make sure I smell like you."

Kakashi groaned. She picked the worst times to inadvertently say things light that. "I'll deal with you later," he said seductively in her ear. Keiko shivered.

Naruto snuck up behind them slowly, grinning to himself. "You're going to have to do better than that," Kakashi said to him without turning.

Gaara appeared inches from Naruto. "It doesn't even seem like you're trying," Gaara said, folding his arms. Naruto jumped several feet in the air.

" Hyua !! Don't sneak up in me like that you jerk!" he shouted.

"That is part of the exercise," Gaara said slyly. They all laughed.

----

Kakashi held Keiko's hand as they returned to their quarters later that evening. The quarters were not quite so large or ornate as those in the Hidden Sand, but they still had a sizeable room with bath and kitchenette. Kakashi grabbed the hat of the Hokage and hung it on the door handle outside the room.

"What's that about?" Keiko asked.

"Oh, nothing," Kakashi smiled easily, "I just thought it might deter people."

"From what?" Keiko asked.

"Oh sweetheart, you usually are quicker than this," he said before kissing her gently. He grinned mischievously, "I believe you have a promise to keep to bath yourself in my scent. It may take a while." Keiko turned a deep shade of red. Kakashi laughed as he wrapped his arms around her.

After they were spent, Kakashi sniffed her neck before grazing it with his lips. "Yep, you could sneak up on me now. You smell like sweaty Kakashi."

Keiko giggled. "That's so gross."

Kakashi shook his hair over her shoulder playfully. "Stop it!" Keiko laughed. "You need to take a shower."

"Hmm, seems to me that's your fault. And since you smell like me, I guess that means you need one as well," he said before lifting her up and throwing her over his shoulder. Keiko continued to laugh as he carried her off towards the shower.

Keiko ran a loofa over Kakashi's chest as water poured over them. "I love you, Keiko," he said as he pulled her closer.

"I love you too. I never thought I'd get the chance to say that again."

"You have a lot of days to make up for," he teased.

"Hatake Keiko..." she said to herself quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing, just trying it out," she said sheepishly.

=====