【 Episode 】10

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒
━━━━━━━
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Art. It's like therapy for the soul. With each brushstroke, I feel more at ease.

Han Soyeon sighed as she stepped off a ladder, craning her head upwards to take a good look at her work-in-progress mural. The large concrete wall displayed a beautiful, vibrant sunset, rolling green hills dotted with tulips and posies mapped out underneath.

A small smile pulled at her lips as she carefully traced over a small section of the mural—her favorite part of the colossal piece of artwork.

Depicted sitting in the middle of the lush hills were the backs of a boy and girl, the couple holding hands as they witnessed the setting sun. The girl's jet black hair flowed behind her in wavy tresses, the paint strokes getting lighter as they got to the ends of her hair.

"Soulmates..." Soyeon breathed out, turning away from the mural. Closing her eyes, she leaned against the cool concrete surface, grabbing her left wrist in an almost violent way.

"Sunmi recently found her soulmate, and Mihae found hers last year. Everyone's found their fated one but me. Why? It's not fair!"

Opening her eyes, Soyeon glanced down at her wrist, frowning in an almost rage-filled manner as she watched the timer on it count down.

2 days.

Yeah right. She laughed drily, biting back tears. This timer's been counting down for four years already. It's probably broken or something—

"—Soyeon!" an old lady's voice suddenly called out, breaking Soyeon from her depressing thoughts. "Can you come here please? Someone wants to commission some of your artwork!"

Whoa wait—someone wants a commission...?!

Excitement twinkling in Soyeon's eyes, she eagerly lifted herself off the wall, racing into the mod-looking building that was the mural's residence.

Wow, this is so exciting—whoa.

Upon swinging open the glass doors, her eyes widened at who she saw standing in the lobby.

"Are you the mastermind behind that wonderful mural outside? I really admire your technique!"

Greeting Soyeon was a primly dressed woman, her cream-colored dress complimenting her flawless skin. An orchid-patterned silk scarf embellished the outfit, while a pair of black pumps graced her dainty feet.

Wow, she's so beautiful...! Soyeon gaped, staring at her in admiration. I bet she's already found her soul mate as well...

"Yes, that's me." she confirmed, doing a clumsy curtsy. "Han Soyeon, at your service!"

The woman giggled at Soyeon's eccentric introduction, her dress swishing around her heels as she shook with repressed laughter.

"Haha! Oh my, how cute!" she cooed.

Soyeon straightened up, letting out a sigh of relief at the woman's positive reaction. First impressions are the most important part in getting a person to buy your artwork. After all, no one wants to buy a piece of art from a complete jerk, right?