【 Episode 】34

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

━━━━━━━━
  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"Huh, you're a weird one."

Sangmi squirmed in her seat as the handsome young man across from her cracked a lopsided grin. She had invited him out right after what she could only assume to be a workout session, since his streamlined, wiry arms—which glistered with hard work-induced sweat—were out on display from his loose white tank top.

"Usually, they want me to make their crush or boyfriend jealous, or something like that." said person continued, lazily swirling his drink as he shot her an intrigued look. "So, your request is coming from out of left field here."

Sangmi gulped thickly at his words, swinging her head down to avoid his gaze; her hands began to tremble as she strengthened her grip on her diary.

...Ah, yes—the diary. Sangmi's diary.

The diary inscribed with an introvert's hopeless romantic ramblings and pinings. The reason why she's even talking to this guy.

The reason...

"M-my reason..." she stuttered, her plain and un-styled black hair falling in her face as if to hide her away, "...y-you wouldn't understand..."

Ohhh, I knew this was a bad idea! He's probably looking at me weirdly—I have to go!

With that being thought, she hurriedly got up, raising eyebrows as she bit her lip and turned.

So embarrassing! Why did I ever think...!!!

"Ah, n-never mind!" Sangmi waved her hands profusely, thoroughly mortified at this point. It'll probably take months before she'd be willing to talk to anyone outside of her family at this rate. "Forget I ever said anything! Goodb—"

—ah?!

Before she could finish crying, however, the man leaned forward and grabbed one of her thin and shaking arms. His lips were perked in a cool grin.

"Hey, hey, hey." He raised his free hand in casual reassurance. "I didn't say I wouldn't do it."

Sangmi blinked owlishly at him, an embarrassed flush blooming across her cheeks. "W-what...?"

He is willing to help me? Really?

As if he could somehow read her mind, said person nodded. "Sure. What you need me for doesn't really matter—so long as you pay up."

Pay...

The world outside, separated from them by a concrete wall and one-sided awkward tension, stirred with a crisp breeze. People walked on by, true urbanites with their classily efficient dress. Sangmi found herself sneaking glances at them, looking both to escape from her café partner's prying stare, and in pining for their style.

"Yes..." she murmured distractedly, bobbing her head like a fish, "...of course. I will—"

"—Hey."

Suddenly, a hand drew her out of her daydream. Sizable as an eclipse, it casted shadows like one would across her flushed cheeks, leaving behind traces of an icy, yet feverish touch.

W-wait. What's he...?!

Sangmi, touched-starved as she was, very nearly choked on her own gasp, eyes popping out as magical fingers gently guided her face towards...