Unexpected revelation

A sudden ringing of the phone had stopped the two girls from hugging each other. Jennie, realizing that it was her ringtone, she fished her phone out of her pocket and see her mom's picture flashing on the screen.

How come mom is calling me at this hour? Jennie thought.

"Yes, mom? Is there something wrong?"  Jennie asked.

"J-jennie. Your son is in the hospital." Jennie's mom replied.

"What?! Why? what happened to him?" Jennie asked, worry evident in her voice. She was already heading out of the practice room to go to the dorm and get her keys from her room, totally forgetting about Lisa's existence.

Jennie started to panic. Her son. What could have possibly happened to her son?

"He is sick, he has been vomiting a lot since the afternoon, at first I thought it was just a plain vomiting because of over eating. But turns out he has a high fever." Jennie's mom informed.

"Is he okay now?" Jennie replied while waiting for the elevator to open.

"Yes, he's okay. You don't actually have to come here. I just wanted to let you know about it since you are his mother anyway."

"I'm still coming mom. I'm visiting my son. What hospital is he in?" Jennie told her mom whilst she entered the elevator.

Son? Did Lisa hear her right?

Little did Jennie know that Lisa had followed her and definitely heard about the conversation they're having.

"Jimenez? Okay okay. I'll be there in a few." Lisa heard Jennie while talking to who she assumed was her mom.

Jennie definitely knows where Jimenez Hospital is located since she has been there numerous times. Starting from, having her regular check-up when she was pregnant to getting her son out of her belly.

Jennie ended the call and carefully tiptoed inside the dorm to not wake any of the sleeping members. Once she got her disguise and car keys.. she immediately headed out and was surprised to see Lisa leaning her body against the wall in front of their dorm.

"Lisa? What are you doing here?" Jennie asked Lisa while she dragged her inside the elevator.

"I saw you panicked and I followed you." Lisa answered.

"Have you heard everything?" Jennie asked.

"Yes? Sorry. I didn't mean to, I swear." Lisa replied.

Jennie sighed before replying,"Don't worry about it."

Once they have gone to the YG parking lot. Jennie walked directly to her car and was about to open its door but Lisa had stopped her.

"What?!" Jennie snapped, clearly annoyed. She did not mean to snap at Lisa but she is just very worried right now about her son,"I'll drive you." Lisa said. Earning a glare from Jennie.

"Don't mind me okay? I'm fine. I can drive on my own just so you know." Jennie replied a hint of impatience in her voice.

"You have drunk a few bottles of beer a while ago and you are not in your right mind right now. So no, I won't let you drive alone. It's dangerous."

Lisa had a point.

Jennie removed her arm off of Lisa's grip and went to where Lisa's car was. There was no point in arguing. Time would just be consumed if she argued any further with Lisa.

Lisa smiled at her mini victory.

"Where to?" Lisa asked as she was pulling out of the driveway.

"Jimenez." Jennie answered.

Lisa knew where Jimenez Hospital was located. It's just along the way of her apartment.

The whole ride on the way to the hospital was silent. Neither of them asked questions and neither of them started a conversation.

As the car halted to stop, Jennie walked as fast as she could inside the hospital with Lisa tagging along.

Once Jennie got the room number, she immediately fled all the way there.

When she entered the room.. She saw her mom immediately and hugged her.

Jennie can't help the tears fall down her eyes when her eyes landed on her baby boy who was lying there on the hospital bed, looking pale.

Jennie missed her little boy so much. They rarely even see each other because of her busy schedule.

-

"Mind introducing me to your girlfriend?" Jennie's mom asked.

"She's not my girlfriend, mom. By the way, this is Lisa. She's a friend." Jennie introduced me to her mom.I walked over to her mom and awkwardly shook her hand. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Kim."

"Just call me Andrea." She took Lisa's hand for a shake.

"How come you're here if you aren't Jennie's girlfriend?" Andrea asked, then Lisa explained how she heard their conversation through the phone, how Jennie drank a few bottles of beer so Lisa didn't let Jennie drive alone.

Andrea looked at Jennie and whispered, "She's nice. I like her already." Jennie just blushed by her mom's statement.

-

"Mom?" Upon hearing the word. Jennie went near his son and hugged him.

"Are you feeling well my baby?" Jennie asked the boy while stroking his hair upwards.

"Yes mom I'm fine. Also, I'm no longer a baby." The boy huffed.

Jennie ruffled the head's boy.

"What are you talking about? You're just 7. I bet you are still even peeing in the bed at night."

"Am not!" The boy proudly defended.

"I missed you!" Jennie said as she wrapped her arms around the little boy.

"I've missed you too, mom."

"Mom? Mind introducing me to that pretty girl?" Jennie's son then pointed at Lisa.

"Lisa, this is Kai. My son."

"Hi Kai! I'm Lisa." The boy then smiled at her.

-

Lisa saw how Jennie interacted with her family, her loved ones, the only people who knows who Jennie really is. This Jennie that she's seeing right now is far from the ice princess she have known all through out the short time she got to know her and far from what the media was labelling her.

**