Chapter ε

(A/N: Flashbacks will be in third person POV.)

The boy sat in his cabin, staring calmly at the wooden wall. He felt lonely, but didn't want face the other campers, so the hero stayed in his room, waiting for something to happen.
As if on cue, there was a knock at the door. Why would someone want to see him anyway?
Slowly he stood up and opened the old door, already feeling resigned. "What do you want? I've been yelled at enough already."
The blue eyed boy in front of him looked sadly at the boy, extending a calming hand. "I would never yell at you. You still have friends here and... we are worried about you. Please come out. We need you. I need you."
They need him? Why? To win another war? To kill another monster? Other demigods? Hasn't he done enough already?
"What about the others? They will throw things at me again. Call me names. They will be scared again. Scared of me." Anger flashed in the other boy's eyes. "Ignore them. They are assholes. You are a hero, Percy. You saved them, and if they can't see that, they are stupid idiots."
He smiled slightly at Percy, whose mouth twitched upward in return.
"Fine. But only if you have blue cookies." "Sure. Race me to the beach?"
"You are going down, Grace."
"Don't get sassy, Perseus Jackson."
Percy grinned and sprinted toward the beach, leaving a cussing Jason behind.

Alpha POV:

The warriors (minus Thalia, who was with the hunters again) gathered in the portal room. It was a big, circular area, the walls lined with doors. Each one had a different colour and size. They lead to the centre of power on each planet. The Temple of Silence on Stern, the Palace of Fallen stars on Nres and Olympus on Earth. The door leading to Earth was blue with green and black dots on it. It was the size of a normal front door.

I didn't know what to think. I was... surprisingly happy to go back home, but I was also worried. Had they forgiven me? A lot of demigods had died due to my decision to trust the wrong people (or Titans, for that matter). Do they hate me? They should.
And Omega, he may not trust me, but I will protect him. Yes, Percy and I had had our differences (to put it lightly), but with the knowledge I have now and everything that had happened after my death, I... He had kept Annabeth and Thalia safe, he had given me a reason worth dying for.
He had suffered so much. I wouldn't let anything happen to him again, not after I had done so much damage myself. "Warriors," said Chaos, raising his voice. "You are allowed to tell anyone you want your identity, but don't make it official just yet. Whoever knows who you really are has to swear to not tell anyone. I will contact you again when you arrive. Prepare for going through the portal.
I want to speak to Omega for a minute." He nodded at me curtly and I knew he wanted me to eavesdrop. I frowned. What was so important that I had to know about it, but couldn't just tell me.
"Omega. I have news." Chaos was speaking lowly and Alpha had to strain his ears to understand what was being said. "News?" Omega looked confused.
"You asked me to look into what happened back at Camp Half-blood. I found something."
"What?" Omega sounded almost rueful.
"What do you know about Deimos and Phobos?"
"The gods of fear?"
"Exactly. Tartarus managed to get them to freeze you out of the demigod camp."
He waited for Omega to understand the meaning of his words. "Wait! Are you saying they made everyone afraid of me?"
"It was a blow against Olympus. With you out of the game, the half-bloods were leaderless."
Omega looked sick. "He tortured me, he let me go through hell and now he took away my family?! My Wise Girl?!" His hands shook.
Tortured? I knew that Omega went through Tartarus, but he never told us anything about torture. Je had probably told Jason, Thalia and Nico. I sighed. Why did this happen to him of all people? He was always the one who had to lead the wars, who had to be the hero. Chaos continued. "Yes, Deimos and Phobos installed rheir fear inside of everyone, but the gods were able to break the curse a week after you left. Zeus 'forgot' to tell me this, after he discovered that you were part of my army. Before you ask, I don't know what the campers are thinking about you now, but if I had to guess, they feel guilty about making you leave."