Entry 4: Escape

"Execute him!" Kamoshida commanded, a bloodthirsty grin stretching his lips. The soldier holding Sakamoto nodded and swung his blade down--

"That's enough, motherfucker."

The blade stopped, a mere inch away from Sakamoto's paling face. Kamoshida slowly turned his head, looking over his shoulder to Akira in shock, along with everyone else in the cell.

"What was that...?" Kamoshida asked, frustration present in his voice. Akira didn't reply, his glasses fogged, keeping his emotions hidden. Kamoshida shook with fury as tension grew in the air. The soldier released his grip on Sakamoto, dropping him to the ground. He gasped violently for air, coughing with such strength that his body shook each time. Kamoshida didn't like to be ignored, striding over to Akira with an expression of anger, annoyance, and bloodlust.

"You desire to be killed that much...? Fine!" Kamoshida growled. He looked over at the right soldier who promptly smacked Akira across the face with their shield. 

His glasses flew off, revealing the boy's surprisingly long eyelashes and faint bags under his eyes, his body quickly going numb. The soldiers grabbed him by the arms once again, retraining him just as his sensations returned—his head hanging limp. Sakamoto struggled to stand, a split second of worry filling him, but sagged to the ground once more. The soldier raised its sword up and flung it down. But before it could even come within 5 inches of Akira's head, he opened his eyes and powerful gusts of wind suddenly picked up blinding everyone. Kamoshida covered his eyes with his arms, blinking in surprise as the wind died down. Lowering his arms, he looked at Akira—who stood alone, free from restraint.

Upon his face was something that appeared to be a birdlike domino mask—white in nature with a black frame around the eye holes, almost representing eyelashes. Akira, feeling something light upon his face, gingerly felt the mask. He hesitated for a moment, fear overtaking him. But at the thought of saving Sakamoto, he tried prying it off, a ripping sensation shooting through. It felt hot, like wax, and demanded to be ripped off. 

Akira flinched, unable to take the pain. He was scared to reveal who he was, to reveal his inner thoughts... But, again, the thought of saving Sakamoto pushed him forward. Fighting against the masks' resistance, he finally yanked off the entire thing and screamed in agony. Blood soaked his forehead and streaked down, his eyes covered by his bangs as he trembled from the pain. The blood dripped to the ground, dripping to a sinister tune as his confident smirk returned to his lips. Facing Kamoshida, he let his anger run free—a single thought running through his mind.

Persona.

Almost as if it were triggered by it, the blood dissolved into blue flames, eventually engulfing his entire body. Kamoshida couldn't help but slowly back up in fear, the demonic expression that flashed before him as Akira's body was engulfed seemed to laugh at him. A chilling laugh echoed within the cell, slowly distorting with layers.

"Bow to my power!" the voice of Akira laughed, sending chills the Kamoshida and Sakamoto as the menacing lullaby of chains rattled, the fire eventually forming into a being above him. The strange being that emerged from the flames flapped it's black and red wings, revealing the new Akira that had formed—clothed in a new get up of a black ankle-length tailcoat, a high-necked waistcoat with gold accents, black jogger-style pants, brown-black winkle pickers, and a pair of red gloves. The strange being above him grin as its claw-like hands touch his top hat, its dark body creating that sense of mystery and danger. It was tied by the chains but Akira didn't hesitate to release it. Once free, it blew back everyone, earning a shriek from Kamoshida who crawled away.

Sakamoto stared at the once awkward boy, speechless at what had occurred. He opened his mouth to say something, but was promptly shut when Akira locked eyes with him. He flashed a devilishly alluring smile, sending a shiver down Sakamoto's spine.