Simplicity

It's funny how long it took for me to fall for you. It wasn't love at first sight. The movies always fuck up portraying love accurately.

It's never guy meets girl and they fall. It's never some whimsical scene where the girl trips over herself and falls into the arms of her crush.

It's more like your eyes see them. And I mean truly see them. More often than not you began as friends. And maybe that was when your feelings developed.

I found your laugh contagious. And it left me wanting to hear the squeak or the low tenor of your hearty chuckle or giggle.

I found your eyes addictive. The blends of blue-gray that reminded me of sandy beaches or even the sunsets on rooftops or the dark brown that reminded me of the forests after pouring rain.

I found your smile charming. Just one smirk and I was done for. Especially when you'd slowly bite your lower lip to tease.

At times, you didn't know if what you felt was truly right. Society and your parents told you otherwise. That you are just a kid who doesn't understand the concept of love.

But then again, love is different for everyone no? At its simplest form, love is the foundation of friendship, family, and every relationship.

And maybe as a complex form, simplicity is what you ask in a form of a person. Maybe that's love.

All I know is that society's overrated, and as a complex being with multiple emotions and thoughts running through our bodies, I'd much rather have you in my life than not.

Simplicity at its finest.