Chapter Two: Graduation

It was finally time to recieve my high school diploma...I was ecstatic, my principle announced "Racheal Evans." I heard people clapping and I walked hearing the 'click clack' of my high heels and I received my diploma, a few hours later I was hugging my best friend Carly "Carly...I'll miss you, promise me I can come see you next summer," Carly smiled and hugged my tightly "I promise you'll see me next summer, you better not replace me in Paris!" I laughed and said "you dummy, of course not, I dont think anyone in Paris will be an energetic or silly as you," Carly smiled and was about to say something but her boyfriend honked his car as a signal for her to hurry up. Carly gave my a final goodbye hug and walked to the car shouting and pointing at me "DON'T FORGET ME!" she got in and as they started driving away I yelled "I WON'T I PROMISE!" I walked to my brother and smiled "Well...this is my last day here, tomorrow Ill be on the plane to Paris," Matt kissed my forehead "I cant believe my baby sis is all grown up!" he took a picture of me and him and when we got home, he printed it and put it on a frame hanging it up on the wall next to a picture of my dad crying while my Mom held me in the hospital when I was a newborn, on the other side my Mom bathing baby Matt while smiling happily with soap everywhere, I smiled sadly and so did he as he said "They would be proud of us..." I laid my head on Matts shoulder as we both silently tried to recall those memories...Of course we could only stare in grief as usual. I changed the subject by  mumbling "Matt...can you help me finish packing please?" Matt snapped out of his thoughtful state and nodded as we walked upstairs and put my fragile items in a cardboard box with bubble rap and old reused package peanuts. I tried to make small talk to brighten up the mood, that was always my job. "I wonder what Paris will be like...I'll show you pics of the Eiffel Tower too!" I laughed exitedly...now realizing why I should be so exited. "I wonder what kind of sweets I'll make at LCB, once I'm done, I might send a cake to you!" Matt laughed "Rachael, I dont think you can send me a cake through mail," I frowned realizing he was right "Fine, I'll bake you a cake," I smirked. Matt rolled his eyes "With what cake batter?" I flicked a package peanut at him and it hit his chin "Stop crushing my dreams you meanie!" I laughed as Matt flicked one at me hitting my forehead "You're just stupid!" he laughed. Soon after, we had a full blown fight, first it was flicking one at eachother, then it was throwing handfulls, then it was dumping it on eachother and running around the house. It was the most fun I've had in a while, it released alot of stress and it felt good to have childish fun for once. Sadly, all that fun was gone when we had a reality check and cleaned up. After an hour, we finally finished packing. I smiled seeing everything in two large suitcases in the corner of the room and a few frangile things in boxes that I would carry. Matt went off to his room and went to bed and I was left sitting there thinking about what to do with my new life. None of my friends would be there, so that means I would have to make new ones...ugh that would be a pain...I fell asleep after a few minutes of thinking about everything and anything in the universe.
Lets just hope this year will be a good one...