Meditation

Meditation can be defined as a practice where an individual focuses his or her mind on a particular object, thought or activity to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state. Meditation is also for the purpose of helping us understand our own minds. There are various types of mediation, such as breathing or walking, and there are various methods for meditating. What works for one person may not work for another. Meditation takes patience and dedication. This practice can help anyone make positive changes to improve their daily lives. It's certainly not specific to Therians.

This technique is often used improperly within the Therian community. It's the practice of focusing the mind that can eventually lead to inner silence and deeper states of consciousness. It's the deeper states of consciousness that can help us connect with our inner animal selves. Most people who meditated once or twice and then said they discovered their theriotype were probably just visualizing or imaging what ever they wanted to. Meditation should not be considered a quick or easy way to find answers. Seeing an animal during deeper states of consciousness needs to occur multiple times. Once is not enough to determine the answer.

Meditation used along with the other techniques mentioned in this video can be helpful. We will include a few links to sites about meditation in the References.