Everything

"So, you finally picked."

I glanced behind me as I stopped washing off the dishes from dinner. Gemma stood there behind me holding a few glasses. I gave her a very tiny smile before turning back to running the sponge across the plate.

"Yeah. Guess I did didn't I?"

I watched out of the corner of my eye as Gemma place the glasses down into the sink for me to scrub out before putting them in the dishwasher. Everything was quiet for a moment the only sound was from the guys in the dining room standing around talking as dinner had come to an end. Gemma and I were the only ones in the kitchen currently washing the dishes.

"I think you chose right."

She said quietly.

"Chibs will be good for you. He's stable as they come. He's what you need."

She said putting her hand on my shoulder. I felt her squeeze it softly causing me to look at her again.

"You don't think Tig will say something?"

I questioned. Gemma just looked at me. We were both silent for the longest time as if trying to debate on whether or not he would actually say something to Chibs.

"I just don't want him to snap like he did with Opie. I don't want -- "

"Talk to him."

She told me. I frowned. She was right and she knew she was right. The only way to keep things under wrap and to know for sure was to actually talk to the man. I wouldn't have thought that he would actually say something to Chibs but at the same time I knew how he could be.

"I will."

I said catching the sight of Chibs entering the kitchen. He smiled and made his way toward me. Gemma turned around and embraced him in a hug. I knew she was happy for the both of us. It wasn't hard to see at all.

"Congratulations you two. I was wondering how long you were going to keep up sneaking around."

Chibs chuckled at Gemma. He pulled back and smirked, the gesture reaching his eyes.

"Aye, so was I."

He said glancing toward me. I smiled softly and started putting the plates away in the dishwasher. Tucking some hair behind my ear as I bent over I heard Gemma walk out of the kitchen leaving us alone.

"So, you ready to head out after this?"

I questioned. I heard a somewhat sigh, the key signal to knowing something was up. I glanced up at him and he was scratching the back of his head.

"Jax says there's something we need to do tonight. I won't be home till late."

I arched a brow. Sighing deeply I stood up and wiped my hands dry with the dish towel by the sink.

"I'll have Gemma drive me home then. You do your thing."

Chibs approached me slowly almost as if to trap me between him and the counter behind me.

"I'll try to be home soon."

"It's okay. I'll see you whenever you get home."

I softly said. Chibs smiled a bit at my words. He lifted his hand and grazed my cheek, running his calloused fingers over my scars. I relaxed into his touch. I watched as he leaned down and gave me a kiss on the lips. It was slow, soft, loving.

Everything that he was to me.