Invasion

I clung to the Mayan as we road through the town toward the club house. So far there hadn't been any sign of any Irish or my mother. But that wasn't to say that they weren't watching somewhere. Then when I made it to the club house and walked inside I found that it was abandoned.

The Mayans had decided to wait outside on the picnic bench outside the doors. I sighed deeply, this whole predicament was starting to get to me. There shouldn't have been any reason why my mother would be here. I could understand the other Irishmen, but my mother;

There was a reason she was here.

I pulled my cell phone out of my back jean pocket and started typing up a message for Chibs.

*Is everything okay?*

I asked before sliding my phone back into my pocket. Walking over to the bar I reached the minifridge and opened it up pulling out a diet coke. I started to sip on it when I felt my butt vibrate.

*Your mother left some time ago. Not sure where she went. Be on guard love. We're almost done here.*

I read the message and felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. I sighed deeply figuring that maybe being alone at the club house with two Mayans wasn't the best idea, so I headed for the door.

"I need you to take me to my aunt's."

I said walking out toward their bikes. They had been speaking in Spanish when I walked outside. They stopped and looked at one another before following after me.

The ride felt longer than it should have but we made it safely to Gemma's place. Once again the Mayans waited outside for me as I walked in Gemma's back door.

"Aunt Gemma!"

I called out hearing her walking out of her bedroom and into the dining room. She looked at me oddly probably wondering what I was doing here.

"Clara? Are you okay? You're pale."

Gemma said as she walked up to me and put her hands on my face. I shook my head and started to explain to her that my mother and uncle were here for a deal, but my mother had disappeared a while ago from the meeting

Nobody knew where she went.

"Take a seat baby."

She said guiding Clara over to one of the chairs at the dining room table.

But right as Clara was prepared to sit down there were gun shots outside the house, several.

_______

Sorry it's been a while. I have a few chapter ideas so this story will get updated for a bit. Thank you for sticking with it.