III

It was finally Friday night, the night of Kevin's party. Ashton and I had skipped school today (Big surprise, I know) because Kevin had asked Ashton to help set up for the party, and Ashton then asked me to come and help him help set up for Kevin's party. We spent majority of the day there, but then we left around five to go and do whatever until the party started.

Calum and I got into the car with Ashton around nine so that we could leave for the party. It had actually started around seven, but we all knew the real party wouldn't start til around ten.

When we got there, I could hear some really shitty music blasting from Kevin's house. Ashton and I had made a playlist for the party, but apparently Kevin didn't like it so he made another one behind our backs. Our playlist was much better, in my opinion.

"I thought you guys said that you made a playlist for the party?" Calum asked as we walked up Kevin's driveway. Some stupid, cringe worthy song about anacondas was blasting, and I just wanted to find the computer and put on better music.

"We did, but Kevin thinks we have horrible taste in music, so he made his own," Ashton replied. "Of course, this music is pretty bad too, so I'd say he was the one with the bad taste in music."

"Doesn't everyone here think we have bad taste in music?" Calum asked.

"Pretty much," I replied. "That's why no one ever comes to the parties we throw, unless there isn't any music."

"And because Liz would flip if we had alcohol, so we throw 'lame parties' as it has been stated by the town population," Ashton said.

"Whatever, let's just go inside and get some drinks," Calum said as we reached the front door. That's what he always said, and exactly what we always did, when we went to parties. We'd all down a few drinks first thing, and then go off and do whatever. As long as everyone came home at some point the next day, none of us really cared what we did.

I never told them, but I have a really low alcohol tolerance (or something like that), and I never remembered anything that happened during, and after the party. If I was drunk, then I didn't remember it. I'm always to scared to ask what stupid things I did, so if you ask me about any party I've gone to this year, I won't be able to tell you a single thing about it, other than the fact that I was there. It's actually quite embarrassing.

"Hey guyssssssss," Kevin slurred when we walked into the kitchen. It was pretty obvious that he had already been drinking. "What can I get you to drink?"

"Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it has alcohol in it," Calum replied. Kevin pulled something out of his fridge and poured us each a cup of it. It smelled, and tasted, horrible, but we still drank it anyways.

"So Kevin," Ashton started, "what happened to the playlist we made earlier for the party? And don't try to tell me that this is it because I know Luke and I don't even listen to this shit, so we obviously wouldn't put it on a playlist."

"I made my own because your taste in music SUCKS ASS!" Kevin laughed. Oh god, he shouldn't have said that. A pissed and drunk Ashton wasn't someone you wanted to mess with. I know that from experience.

"Excuse me?!" Ashton asked furiously. Yep. He was definitely pissed at Kevin. Calum knew what was coming, so he started to wonder off, not wanting to get involved in the fight that was going to happen soon. I didn't want to get involved either, but I stayed there, just in case something were to happen.

"I said your taste in music sucks big time. Why do you think no one ever comes to your parties? Nobody around here wants to listen to that shit." Ashton looked like he was about to blow a fuse.

"Come on Ashton, let's just go out back by the pool or something," I suggested, trying to get Ashton away from Kevin. If I didn't, this was going to end badly.

"Maybe in a few minutes Luke. I think Kevin needs to be taught a little lesson first," he replied as he started walking closer to Kevin. Then, Ashton slammed Kevin into the wall, and then there was a loud crack. I caught a glimpse of Kevin's face, and there was blood coming from his nose, which also happened to be bent the wrong way. Kevin didn't even try to fight back. He wouldn't have even stood a chance against Ashton anyways. Ashton just walked away after punching Kevin a few more times, not even looking back to see what damage he had caused.

"Did you really need to hurt him that much?" I asked him when we went outside into Kevin's backyard. Ashton turned around and looked at me, still clearly pissed at everyone and everything.

"You know what Luke? Just go fuck off, okay," Ashton replied, turning around and heading back inside. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I never knew anyone at any of these parties, and I was always drunk enough by now that I didn't really care. I've only had one drink so far because of Ashton's stupid "fight." I decided that I'd go inside and get another one.

The first thing I saw when I got in the kitchen was Ashton. He was making out with a girl on the counter, and she definitely wasn't Allie. Was this the first time Ashton had done this? Of course I wouldn't know since I never remember anything from these parties. Maybe that was the whole reason why I got drunk. I didn't want to remember the party. I cleared my throat awkwardly. Ashton looked up at me, and he didn't look pissed anymore.

"Hey Luke! You remember Stephanie from school, right?" Ashton asked me.

"Yeah. Um, I'm just going to get a beer or something and go back outside. You two have fun doing whatever you're doing," I said as I was about to reach for a drink, but Ashton stopped me.

"I think upstairs some people were playing seven minutes in heaven. You should come up with us and we can all play!" Ashton exclaimed a little to excitedly as him and Stephanie got off the counter. Ashton always tried to get me to play, but I always said no. I was going to continue with my not playing streak, so I said no.

"Well too bad Luke, you're playing," Ashton said as he grabbed my wrist and started to drag me up the stairs. I didn't even try to get away, not wanting to end up like Kevin. I think he went to the hospital by the way.

There were only a few other people in the room when we walked in. I saw that Calum was playing, so I went over to sit by him.

"I'd never expect to see you in here," Calum whispered when I sat down.

"I didn't even expect to be in here. Ashton kind of forced me to come up here with him and that Stephanie girl. I didn't try to stop him, since we all know not to piss Ashton off when he's drunk," I whispered back.

"Do you want me to get you out of here then? This is pretty boring anyways."

"Yes please. I've only had one drink so far tonight, and I need more asap," I said as Calum stood up. I stood up and followed him out of the room. Ashton was too busy making out with Stephanie that he didn't even notice that I had left. We walked back down to the kitchen, and Calum grabbed us each a beer out of the fridge.

"Thanks Calum," I said as I downed the bottle in only a couple of minutes. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed myself another bottle.

"No problem. Just try to stay away from Ashton because knowing him, he'll try to do something like that again." Wait, Ashton always did stuff like this at parties? "It's so weird that you're not drunk already. By this time you're usually hitting on anything that can breathe."

"I am?" Okay, that's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it still is pretty bad.

"Don't tell me, you're one of those people that get drunk and don't remember a single thing that happened while they were."

"I, um, think I might be."

"I think I kind of always knew you were, since you never wanted to talk about what you did at parties. Don't worry, I'll try to fill you in on the important stuff sometime tomorrow. I'm gonna go wonder around and do some stuff, so I'll talk to you later Luke."

"Yeah, I'll talk to you later Calum." After he left, I got myself another beer out of the fridge. I was walking around the inside of the house when I saw something that caught my interest. Ashton was leaving the party with that Stephanie girl. I considered trying to stop him and say it would ruin his relationship with Allie, but I decided not to. It would be his own fault that his relationship got ruined.