IX

It was Friday night, and Michael and I were sitting in his basement watching the rooms upstairs through the cameras he and Iza had put up a couple of days ago. We were waiting for her and the supposed killer to come home from the party she had went to. It was almost midnight, and they still weren't here yet, so Michael and I were a slight bit worried.

"Are you sure that they're going to want to go home with Iza?" I asked him, still not sure about the plan Michael had suggested last weekend. "Cause they'd probably be here already if the killer wanted to. Or maybe they went to his place, or a bar, or Walmart, and we fucked up big time..."

"Of course I'm not sure if they're going to come home with her, but there's one thing we'll know for sure no matter what happens tonight," Michael answered. I definitely felt reassured after hearing that.

"And that's supposed to be..?"

"If you're the killer. As long as you stay here all night and someone dies, than that means it isn't you. But then on the other hand, if no one dies tonight than that means.."

"That I really did kill that girl, and everyone else that's died. And that you're driving me down to the police station first thing in the morning so I can turn myself in." A slight bit of paranoia began to wash over me. I didn't want to be the killer, but if I was then I was pretty much screwed for life.

Michael was about to respond when we saw the front door of the house open on the computer screen, and both of us immediately went quiet. First a guy, probably around our age, walked through it, followed by Iza. We couldn't tell who the guy was since he had a mask covering part of his face.

"Is that a hickey on Iza's neck?" Michael almost screamed as he got closer to the computer screen. "If it is I swear I am going to kill that little fucker once I get my hands on him!"

"Mikey shut the fuck up," I whispered harshly. We both turned our heads back to the computer screen, where Iza and the guy were no longer standing in the entrance way.

I looked at the different cameras, and Iza had gone upstairs to her and Michael's bedroom, where I noticed she was trying to quietly sneak into the closet to hide until we could get the guy. The guy that was with her was now in the kitchen, looking at all the knives that were in the knife holder on the counter. It was honestly really creepy.

"Luke we have to get up there right now or else that guy is going to freaking kill Iza, and if she's dead before we get there it's all your fault."

"Well then what the fuck do you want me to do? It's not like we actually thought this far ahead in your little plan!"

"Grab that bat over in that corner and then follow me. If you make any noise I'll make sure to kill you along with the killer." I went over to where Michael had pointed, where there really was a bat to my surprise. Michael grabbed the bottle of pepper spray he had brought down here with us earlier, and we crept up the stairs.

We snuck into the the kitchen, where the guy was still looking at the knives. Michael slowly walked up behind him, careful not to make any noise, and quickly reached around the front of him and pulled the guy into a headlock, causing the guy to scream. Thankfully the guy had dropped the knife in surprise, and Michael pulled him back away from the knives, so he didn't have to worry about getting stabbed.

"Come on Luke, take the freaking mask off of him!" Michael shouted. I ran over and yanked the thing off, revealing the last person I expected to see. Iza, who had come down right away when she heard screams, gasped in horror. She turned away and walked into the living room, not being able to handle what was currently happening. I assumed she hadn't figured out who the killer was while she was at the party.

"Took you two long enough to figure it out," he smirked with a devilish grin on his face. Michael's eyes went wide upon hearing the all to familiar voice.

"Calum?"

"That's my name, isn't it?"