Chapter 1: Average school day

Art above belongs to 'Goatsy' I believe.

"Life is pain. Nothing but pain." Pete Thelman grumbled, flicking ash onto the ground from his cigarette. It was a typical Monday morning in South Park, the sun was shining brightly yet the streets were buried in three feet of snow. Nothing unusual. Pete made the slow journey from his trailer to South Park Elementary, smoking all the while. he kept his head down as he walked, wanting to block out the whole world and the stupid conformists that would occasionally pass by.

"Hey." A voice mumbled from behind him, making him jump slightly and curse at himself for the slight fear he felt. Pete turned around grumpily, staring at Michael. 

"Hi..." he replied quietly before turning away and continuing to walk, Michael following. The two goths didn't utter a word to each other until they had arrived at the school, immediately heading towards the back of the wretched place.

"Hey guys." Henrietta greeted them as soon as they had come into view. Firkle looked up at them and waved before staring back down at the ground.

"Hey." Michael and Pete replied simultaneously, taking a seat on the ground besides the others. Pete sighed as soon as he sat down, discarding his finished cigarette and pulling out another one, lighting it before placing it between his chapped lips.

---

"Have a nice day at school, Mike! Try not to kill or infect anyone!" Mike's father yelled from within the kitchen area.

Mike groaned, but nodded, despite his dad not being able to see him. Realising this, he sighed before replying "Okay! Bye dad!"

He didn't bother waiting for a response, heading out the door and making his journey to school, stepping into the shade whenever he had the chance. 

The vampire had swiftly made it to the school and smiled when his emerald green eyes landed on his fellow vamp friends.

"Vampir! Hello!" Bloodrayne greeted happily, waving him over. Mike smiled wider, quickly stepping over towards her and the others.

"Greetings, Bloodrayne. Hello everyone." Mike replied, waving to the other vampires who smiled in return.

"Hello my lord!" Larry chimed, smiling widely at Mike. Mike pat his head, returning the smile. 

"Greetings, Larry." he responded making the smaller vamp happy.

The school bell rang, signalling it was time to head into school and begin with their lessons. Mike waved to them all before turning on his heel, briskly making his way into the school.

---

At the back of the school, the goth kids were all sat in silence, not speaking at all. Pete sighed, feeling stressed from the lack of sleep he'd had recently. Sighing, he gradually stood up to his feet, discarding once again of his finished cigarette. 

"I'm going for a walk." He murmured.

"Okay." Michael mumbled, watching as the smaller goth turned away and began to leave.

Pete steadily walked away from the back of the school, making his way to Stark's pond.

---

Mike went through his first two lessons with ease and by now it was time for recess. He sauntered through the school hallway in haste, heading towards the playground where he instantly joined his fellow vampires in the shade. 

"Hello again Vampir, how was your lessons?" Vladimir asked curiously, grinning at Mike who returned the smile.

"Very simple, per se. Nothing difficult so far." He replied.