Chapter 2: Just another poser

I'm sorry, I don't know the artist's name for who created the image of Mike above ^

Pete frowned, listening intently to the soft humming. Sighing, he lit another cigarette and placed it between his lips, taking a deep drag of it. He silently cursed himself for being nosy before slowly stepping forwards, following the tune.

---

Mike casually walked through the streets of South Park, stepping into the shade whenever he had the chance. He was humming a rather eerie tune as he wondered around, glancing at mortals and structures with mild interest. 

The vampire gracefully weaved his way around the mortals, deciding he would visit Stark's pond.

---

Pete looked around, searching for whoever was humming. He didn't understand why he was doing this - It was rather stupid to be honest. He turned a corner and froze for a moment, seeing some kid swiftly pass through a crowd of conformists. 

A vampire kid.

He groaned, about to turn back and head home to his trailer but stopped. As much as he despised the wannabe vampires, he wanted to follow this one. 

'What do they even do in their spare time anyway?' he thought to himself, flicking ash off of his cigarette. Sighing, he began to trail after the vampire kid.

"He can't be a real vampire, he's not burning in the daylight." Pete grumbled quietly to himself. "Though he can walk really fast, I'll give him that." He added, slightly impressed but not letting it show on his face as he struggled to follow the kid.

---

When Mike had successfully passed the mortals he began to speed up, going twice the speed he was originally. He hid in the shadows as he ventured to his destination, just incase anyone was nearby still. He could just about see Stark's pond in the distance, making him smile softly. He loved to visit Stark's pond - he always felt so free and safe from civilisation. 

Most mortals think vampires don't necessarily fear anything, yet they have more fears than most humans. 

Mike frowned slightly however it quickly retracted back into a smile as he slowed down, approaching the bench that stood in front of the frozen-over lake.

---

Pete's eyes widened slightly, seeing the wannabe vampire speed up.

"What the hell?" He whispered to himself, genuinely confused but trying desperately not to show it. The goth broke into a slight run, chasing after the kid but staying a good distance away so he didn't notice he had a stalker.

He exhaled in relief as he watched the vampire kid start to slow down. 

"Finally..." He murmured before realising where they were. 

---

Mike took a seat on the bench and stared up at the sky that was painted a pretty pink and orange. 

"Pretty..." He breathed out in awe.

He suddenly tensed when he noticed a boy around his age treading towards him.

---

Pete hesitantly neared the vampire, keeping an uninterested and bored expression on his face to disguise his curiosity. 

He inwardly smirked when he saw the boy tense upon seeing him from the corner of his eye.

The goth eventually reached the vampire, deciding to sit on the other end of the bench and take another drag of his cigarette - making the whole situation seem unplanned. When he was sure the other male wasn't going to talk to him, he decided to say something.

"How many of you posers are there?" He exasperated, making the vampire shoot him a glare.

"What's that supposed to mean?" said vampire asked slightly irritated, turning to shoot the stranger a glare.

Pete rolled his eyes before answering. "Anyone who thinks they're a real vampire is freaking retarded." He stated bluntly, aggravating Mike.

"Let me guess, you're one of those downers, per se?" The vampire questioned, crossing his arms and sneering slightly, revealing his fangs.

Pete frowned, shooting a glare back at Mike. "You mean goth? Yeah. Also, if you're going to use the term 'per se' at least use it in the correct way." He grumbled, also crossing his arms.

Mike huffed, not knowing how to respond.

"You should introduce me to the leader of your dumb 'vampire society' so I can put an end to it." Pete informed the kid, smirking slightly.

"I am the leader." Mike hissed, glaring daggers at the stranger. Pete faltered slightly before snorting.

"What, you?" He asked, snickering. Mike growled lowly, tensing up in anger.

"Yes, me. And if you talk trash about my society again I will rip you to pieces!" He threatened, pointing rudely at Pete.

Pete glanced down at his finger before staring back up at his face with half-lidded eyes and a scowl.

"It's rude to point." He muttered, thwacking the vampire's hand away. Mike glowered but didn't say anything.

"What's your name anyway? Is it Fagula?" Pete teased, finding amusement in seeing the vampire kid get frustrated.

"No, It's Mike Makowski, more commonly known as Vampir." He responded.

Pete rolled his eyes again. "I'll call you Vampqueer." He declared, making Mike groan and blush lightly from embarrassment, hiding his face in his hands. 

Pete's smirk shifted into a soft smile for a moment, finding the vampire cute before frowning and shaking his head to be rid of the horrendous, conformist thought.

"My name's Pete Thelman, by the way." He mumbled, looking down at his feet and feeling slightly awkward.

Mike uncovered his eyes and stared at Pete, who flipped his hair before taking another long drag of the cigarette.

"I'm going to call you hair flip. Or maybe downer." The vampire stated. Mike smirked, chuckling quietly.

"Sure, whatever Vampqueer." Pete replied, holding the cig to his lips again.

"Smokings bad..." Mike murmured, staring in disgust at the cancer stick. Pete rolled his eyes for the third time.

"I know." He responded bluntly. Mike sighed, standing up and dusting himself down.

"Well then, I'm leaving. It wasn't really nice to meet you, downer. Hopefully we won't cross paths again." Mike announced. Pete watched him, not replying.

The vampire sighed again before beginning to walk away.

"Bye..." Pete grunted, waving him off. Mike looked back at him and felt his frown twitch upwards into a very small smile. 

"Bye." The vampire replied before venturing away.

Pete leaned against the bench, staring up into the sky that had turned an orangey red colour.

"Just another poser..." He mumbled, closing his eyelids.