Chapter 3: Sleep

Filler chapter.

Mike slowly made his way back home, lost in thought. 

"Man, he was a jerk..." He muttered under his breath, staring down at the snow beneath his feet. 

The vampire shifted his gaze upwards, making eye contact with his father. Mike yelped, jumping back slightly from fear. Mr. Adams chuckled as he stared at his son. 

"Dad! Don't do that!" Mike whined, stamping his foot childlishly and folding his arms. His stepfather rolled his eyes, chuckling again.

"Sorry son." He replied. "I won't do it again, I promise." He added.

Mike huffed.

"You said the same thing last time!" He cried out, pointing accusingly at his father.

Mr. Adams smiled and pat his son's head.

"I'm not good at keeping promises." He stated simply, turning away and beginning to walk. Mike huffed once again, quickly following after him.

"How was school?" His father asked, looking down at his son as they treaded through the snow towards their home.

"School was fine, but when it finally finished I decided to go to Stark's pond and then this kid showed up and started talking trash about me and the Vampire society! I think his name was Peter or something." Mike rambled, making wild hand gestures as he spoke.

Mr. Adams sighed.

"Just ignore him then." He responded with simply.

Mike sighed but nodded.

"I'll try, hopefully I won't be seeing him anytime soon." He grumbled before perking up.

"Oh, I bumped into a mortal today, literally, his name was Clyde. He seems cool." Mike mentioned. Mr. Adams raised his eyebrows.

"Clyde? I think I know that kid - and that's great son, maybe you can make a new friend that isn't a vampire!" He cheered, smiling down at Mike.

Mike nodded, giving his father a small smile back in return.

"Yeah I guess." He mumbled, falling quiet as he noticed their house come into view. Both vampires stepped into the house after unlocking it. 

"I'm going to go to bed now, night dad." Mike announced, hugging his father.

Mr. Adams hugged Mike back, patting his head.

"Goodnight, son." He replied. Mike pulled away and gave his father a toothy grin before turning on his heel and heading up the stairs into his bedroom.

---

Pete stared up with little interest at the stars that shone above. It was pretty late by now but the goth didn't care. He didn't care about much. His mind kept going back to the dumb vampire wannabe from earlier making him groan everytime he imagined his stupid face.

"God dammit what the hell..?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes. Sighing, he slowly lifted himself off the bench, stretching his arms and yawning. He flipped his hair before beginning to make his way home to his trailer, kicking snow on his way.

"Stupid vampire and his stupid vampire society and his stupid pretty vampire face." He seethed before widening his eyes and stumbling slightly. He groaned loudly, covering his face with his hands for a few seconds before taking a deep breath to compose himself. Pete dug into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette as well as his lighter, sighing once more.

"Come on, light." He hissed, trying desperately to light the cancer stick. After a moment of cursing and fumbling he managed to successfully light the cigarette, letting out a breath of relief and lifting the cig to his mouth, taking a long drag of it.

He instantly felt himself calm down and go back to his normal, insensitive self. Pete once again began his journey back to his trailer, staring down at the ground and puffing out smoke.

The goth eventually made it to his trailer, heading inside and heading towards his room, ignoring his parents completely. All that was on his mind at the moment was sleep.

Pete quickly changed out of his clothes, left only in his boxers. He disposed of his finished cig and got into his bed, hiding himself under the covers and closing his eyes in hopes of falling asleep.