He refuses to speak?

Songs of the chapter:
Hunger Strike- Temple Of The Dog
Coffee and Cigarettes- Never Shout Never

"Don't forget, we're going to have a guest speaker here on Monday." Mrs. Langley said as the bell rung."You're dismissed," she said as the students fled the classroom.

I was glad this class was over, writing workshop is the literal definition of a disguised hell. I mean the teacher wasn't that bad, Mrs. Langley rarely gave any homework and she was a sweet old lady, but the material taught was dull.

As I got outside of the school, I pulled my flannel a little bit tighter, the chilly air being barely bearable. I reached into my jeans' pockets, pulling out my Marlboro box. I took out one cigarette and put the rest away. I lit the cigarette and put it to my lips. Within seconds after the first drag, I had already felt relaxed, my body getting comfortable.

I started walking home, getting there in fifteen minutes. When I got home, I took off all my heavy makeup. I removed all my piercings' jewelry and put it away. Then I changed from my flannel and jeans into a pair of sweats and a sweater. I exchanged my worn out combat boots for black vans, pulling my greasy dyed blonde hair into a ponytail. A complete alter ego, I'd say.

Within 30 minutes, I'd reached my destination. As I approached the building, the sign read "Margaret's House for the Homeless." I volunteered here during almost all of my free time. Margaret was an old lady in her fifties who owned this place and took in people from the streets and helped guide their life in a better direction. She loved me like her own daughter, and I loved her just as much.

I got in and hung up my coat on the coat rack in the back. Just as I was turning around, Margaret came to greet me."Hey honey, how's it going?" she asked.
"It's fine Margaret, how have things been going around here, sorry I couldn't come yesterday I had a late writing assignment to finish."

"It's fine I understand, and they've been going pretty well. Listen, will you do me a favor? Someone told me there was a boy who looked about your age living on a park bench at Anastine park down this street. Will you be a dear and please help convince him to come here? We've tried but he won't listen to us." she rambled on.

"Oh yeah sure, do you know his name?"

"He refuses to talk to anyone, that's why I've told you." the old lady told me.

Honestly, this kid was pretty strange. I mean we got plenty of stubborn homeless, but they never refused to talk to anyone.

"Alright, I'll do it, anything for good ol' Margaret" I said winking at her and grabbing my coat again. I headed down to Anastine park as quickly as I could, this boy will probably die of hypothermia if he doesn't come back to the shelter with me today.