CHAPTER 1: hot as in officer haught

a red headed officer frowns when she saw wynonna earp and deputy dolls whispering with each other obviouslly hiding something... again. she always knew something is odd in their town, but everyone seems to ignore it and acts normal, and finally when deputy dolls and wynonna earp stepped in purgatory, everything just gets clearer. but the bad news is, they wont let her be part of it. she's the only person in that town who acts normal about these kind of stuffs and yet they keep on pushing her back to the dark.

"i still dont get why i cant work with them, sheriff needley." officer haught complained for the nth time this day. the sherrif has been ignoring her but this time she finally got into his nerves. "officer haught, you're one of my best shot here, but i prefer you to shut up." the sherrif finally said as he take another sip of his coffee. haught rolled her eyes and back from what she's doing... papers, more papers. she shouldve been working with ms. earp and deputy dolls, she rants in her mind.

when she finally got herself back to whatever she's doing, she heard the door clicked, a sign that someone's coming. she tried to ignore it so she continue reading file cases about missing dogs and cats "ugh. so fun." she whispered quietly.

"'scuse me, officer." by the time she heard that voice she knew that person is standing right in front of her desk but she didn't bother to look. "what is it?" she asked still eyes on the files. "wow. rude." she heard the girl whispered that made her look up at her. she didn't realized that her mouth is slightly open until she felt her lips cracked because of dryness. shes not sure how long she's been staring at the petite girl, but she knew its long enough.

"ehem." the girl cleared her throat, obviously not because of sorethroat, just to wake up officer haught from drooling.

"hot." the red headed hair blurted out.

"pardon?" the small girl asked while grinning. officer haught finally came back to her senses and eventually turned red when she realized what she said. "i mean... haught, as in officer haught." she stutter *phew nice save, surname* she thought. she stand up and offer her hand.

the other girl was shocked when officer haught stood up, bc damn the girl is tall. she giggled and accepted the officer's hand. "waverly." she said smiling to the red headed girl. she noticed officer haught's reaction, so she added "waverly earp. yes, earp. im actually going to ask if you know wheres my sister?" waverly asked politely, nicole haught is too amazed to answer the question quickly she just stare at the little earp and smile, she opened her mouth and about to answer when someone hugged her from behind.

"hey, love. i texted you, i said im stopping by. you didnt answered." she look back at waverly who's still standing in front of her while linda, her girlfriend, kissed her.

"yah looks like your girlfriend often do that. she doesn't answer" waverly said sarcasticly then rolled her eyes away from the couple. nicole panicked and gently unwrapped her girlfriend's arms away from her body.

"I'm sorry for being rude. ahm, linda, this is waverly earp. you know her sister, Wynonna Earp. Waverly this is linda, ahm my..." "girlfriend" Linda continued with a big smile. Waverly offered her hand but linda didnt take it, instead, she walked towards waverly and hug her. little earp was shocked but she hugs her back anyway. it was awkward, she had to tap linda's back before she finally let go of her. "nice meeting you, two. but, you didn't really answer my question. I guess I'll just ask someone else." Waverly smiled but not like the smile Nicole saw awhile ago. its a bit fake this time. before Waverly can even leave, officer Haught grabbed her arm and stopped her "just go straight there, and then take a left." haught finally answered Waverly's question "I can walk you there?" she offered casually trying hid the eagerness tho.

"thanks, but no thanks. i think I can handle it, hot." waverly said without looking. she just watched her walk away... but that thought of her won't even leave her alone.

"you can look at your girlfriend now. god, Nicole are you seriously checking out other girl while I'm here?!" Linda complained while her arms crossed. *shit* officer haught cursed in her mind, she almost forgot she has a girlfriend. "no love, i just... she's an earp. as in earp Earp. yah know what kind of family is that, dont you?" Nicole made an excuse. she feels guilty and she feels like she's cheating on her girlfriend by just thinking of waverly. *goddamn it im screwed* she thought.