CHAPTER 4: you're worth the trouble

officer haught felt dizzy when they enter the hospital door. she couldnt walk straight and her eyes is kind of blurry. she manage to walk few more step but before they can even reach the nurse' desk her legs got weak and she fell on her knees. waverly immediately grab nicole like its her reflex movement, wynonna eventually help her and they both dragging haught until they reach rhe nurse' desk.

"hey, officer. stay awake. open your eyes." waverly slaps the officer's face very vry light just enough to keep her from falling asleep. the red head officer look at waverly, she smiled when she saw the little earp worried. "god why are you smiling you cant even stand on your own." nicole doesnt have strength to answer, but if she could she'd say that its because of her.

"what happened?" the nurse asked as they grab the officer and put her on a wheelchair. "someone hit her from the back of her head." wynonna explained. the nurse just nod and asked for the officer's information, then they took her to a room. the earp sisters stayed outside the room waiting for an update. waverly walks back and fort while wynonna sits on a bench watching her sister. wynonna massaged her temple and rolled her eyes "can you stop, waverly? god youre making me feel dizzy too!" her sister didnt listen to her and continued walking. "why are you so worried? she's gonna be fine." wynonna said trying to calm her sister down. finally, waverly stopped and look at her but she doesnt seem like she's calm "because its my fault. she saved me and now she in the hospital because of me." waverly said while her tears came out from her eyes and flows down to her cheeks. her big sister immediately hug her baby sister "hey, its not your fault." they stayed there for awhile until wynonna's phone rang. it was dolls, "hey, i need to go. stay here and wait for officer haught. i'll tell sherrif about the incident. okay?" wynonna said and kissed her sister's her before leaving.

after a few minutes a doctor came out saying that she's gonna be okay, no serious injuries. they gave the officer meds for faster recovery. wavery entered the room but the officer still asleep. she stared at her, nicole haught is te reason why she's still alive. waverly sit down next to nicole's bed, for some reasons she feels tired and sleepy to and she didnt realized she fell asleep holding nicole's hand.

-

nicole haught's pov

i woke up with a massive headache. i tried to get up but my body feels so weak. i open my eyes i see waverly sleeping... and holding my hand. i felt my face as it turns red, i smiled like an idiot thinking that i wouldnt mind spending the rest of my life in a goddamn hospital if she's with me. i pinched my nose and remember that im not single and i have girlfriend.

"hey you're awake." waverly said in the her most sexiest voice. omg im such a perv. but she used her just woke up voice so i couldnt help but smirk. "yes, im awake." i replied looking at her and then to her hand which is still holding mine. i saw waverly's face turn red, but she immediately look away and remove her hand on my hand. "oh, i didnt realize i was holdng your hand." she explained and i just nod. waverly look at me from my head down to my body? i think she realized that i noticed "oh oh im sorry" she pause and laughed, awkward laugh though "its just... i realized ykure not wearing uniform." oh god forgive me for seeing waverly so cute when she's shy. "uh.. yes, actually i'm not on duty today. that's why." i explained with my hands doing some weird gestures that i think made me look like an idiot. i chuckled and scratch the back of my neck. "you... you aren't working? then... why were you at shorty's and why did you saved me?" waverly asked. she looks shock and i blushed because the real reason i was at shorty's was her. "i actually came to see you... just a friendly visit you know, we're friends right?" i chuckled nervously. waverly's face softened and embraced me. i didnt expect that, but i hug her back when i heard her sobbing. "im probably dead if you didnt came." she said while crying which makes me feel soft. god, i want to protect her at all cost, she's so tiny, and soft, and... "hey, im glad i came. i dont want anything bad happens to you." i rub her back until she's finally calmed. we just stay like that. its so comfy and i forgot everything around us. i just closed my eyes and feel her heartbeat echoed mine.

someone cleared his throat and when i open my eyes its sherrif needley. waverly sit properly on the chair as she wipes her tears away. i then sit straight too "sherrif needley."

"how are you, kid?" sherrjf asked with his face stays the same and nod. "i'm good, sir. i'm sorry for the trouble." i apologized still looking straight at him. "oh shut up. you saved a girl. why are you apologizing? im here as a friend, as a father, not as a goddamn boss. you did great." his face still doesnt show any expression but i know he meant what he said so i smiled and say "thank you, sir." he just nod and give his attention to waverly "i'm glad you're okay. your sister would be a lot more pain in the ass if something bad happens to you." waverly laughed and so did i. he was about to leave the room when he stopped "i told your girlfriend about what happened. she's on her way now." sherrif needley said without looking and then he left.

"i better go, i think." waverly fixed her hair and stand but i grab her wrist "hey. just... stay." i look at her, i know this is wrong but damn i dot want her to leave. she open her mouth and about to say something when the door clicked "oh god love! what happened?" linda immediatly hug me, while waverly slips her hand off from my grip. i look at her in the eyes, and she smiled but not reaching her eyes. she didnt say anything, she just left.