Chapter One: The Star Of The Gala

~★.•° The Star Of The Gala °•.★~

The bright night sky glittered above Canterlot, sparkling like silver sequins scattered across dark black fabric.

A pale white unicorn, with eyes that shone like sapphires and a dark ebony mane stood out on her balcony. Her dark curly mane was pulled up into a bun, small dark curls and violet bangs framing her face.

She looked up at the moon.
She had it all, a large Mansion, power, popularity. Everything a mare could want.

Everything except...a loving husband.

The pale unicorn stared at the bright moon.
The moon had always been a symbol of hope for her and her family.
Luna, the Moon Goddess, had been imprisoned in the moon long ago, but she never gave up on escaping. And she did. Though her reasons for escaping we're not entirely good for Equestria, she still never gave up.

The unicorn knew she would find love someday. She just couldn't give up.

~~~~~

The Canterlot Castle was decorated beautifully. Elegant streamers hung from the ceiling and draped delicately over random objects. The chandeliers sparkled like diamonds.

Ponies were scattered everywhere, dressed in colored gowns and handsome suits.

The white unicorn, Countess Coda Eden, stood alone. Her mane was pulled up still, styled fashionably in curls around her pale face. Her violet bangs stood out in her dark mane.

She was dressed in a lovely black dress that flowed over her body in the back, and had laces tied together in the front, tied in a complicated, yet beautiful design. Silver glitter, like stars, was sprinkled over the fabric, as well as her mane, making the Countess look like a glittering star herself.

Stallions were staring, at first dazed by her beauty, then searching for her husband, since it seemed impossible for her to not have one. But it wasn't long until stallions were flocking to see the young mare.

Unfortunately, the prince of Equestria soon took notice of the young Countess as well.

~~~~

Countess Eden's POV

I yawned slightly as I stood off to the side, watching the Ponies dance, and ignoring stallions who were calling for me to come their way.

'So bright, so beautiful, yet dull at the same time..' I thought, feeling slightly bored.

The place was so fancy and posh, but there was nothing really interesting about it. Just rich ponies gathering to brag about their riches and talk about the "Low-lives".

The Low-lives, as they called them, were any pony who was not rich enough to buy a fancy gown or suit, or did not have enough bits to own a large Mansion or lot's of land.
But in all reality, the rich were the low live's. All they did was sit on their comfy thrones and talk about their meaningless problems, like how they purchased the wrong hoof-polish, or their mane stylist didn't do their mane the way they'd wanted it.

I shook my head a little. These ponies were the lowest of the low.

"Hello Countess." A husky voice drawled, sweet as honey, but as fake as every other pony in the gala.

I turned my head. A tall, handsome white unicorn, with sky blue eyes and a thick golden mane smirked at me, a red rose held in his mouth.

Speaking of Lowest of the Low..

"Hello, prince Blueblood." I muttered ungraciously, my ears folding back slightly.

"You don't look thrilled to see me, Coda" 

"Don't call me that."

"Isn't that what your friends call you, Coda."

"Yes, it is what they call me, but you are most certainly no friend of mine,"

"How cold of you to openly tell someone your not their friend." Prince Blueblood put a hoof to his heart, feigning hurt. "Then what shall i call you, my dear?"

"Countess Eden."  I narrowed my eyes. "Or better yet, don't call me at all." I turned away, walking to the table with the refreshments. 

Though i tried my best to ignore him, as i walked away i heard him mutter a few words that made my heart ache.

"So hostile. Sometimes, it's hard to believe we once were in love, my dear."

**

I opened the front doors and walked out of the Mansion, away from the 'party' and into the castle gardens.

A white bench, with small and beautiful designs carved into the painted wood sat in a clearing, surrounded by rose bushes, seemingly bathed in moonlight. The sight of it made me smile faintly.

I walked over, sitting on the bench and closing my eyes, sighing softly. I had had many happy memories here in this garden.
Slowly my conscious slipped into the Dreamland of memories I had hidden deep within my mind.

I leaned back against the bench, my eyes still closed as I let those old memories resurface.

** 
3 Years ago

It was a beautiful winter night, the full moon shining above the Canterlot Castle. This night, was the night I first met him.

I was standing alone, wearing a silver dress so thin and delicate it seemed as though it were woven by spiders. A sparkling black sash was draped across my shoulders.

Suddenly, the music began to play. Ponies began to pair up with one another, while I stood on the sidelines, my eyes darting around anxiously, hoping someone would save me from the embarrassment of being alone.

Then, to my surprise, a handsome Colt, with a coat white as snow, eyes bluer than the sky, and a thick mane that seemed as though it was spun gold made his way across the room to me.

"Hello Miss. I couldn't help but notice you from across the room. What's a lovely mare like you doing over here by yourself?" His voice, which drawled like honey, was sweet as sugar.

A slight pink tinged my pale cheeks as I looked up at him, my own dark blue eyes meeting his intense blue stare. I could feel my heart come alive and flutter in my chest like a trapped bird, begging to be set free.

I was so caught up in staring at him that I didn't awnser. When he noticed me staring, my mouth open in awe, he chuckled softly. I nearly melted at his laugh. It was like music to my ears.

"Would you like to dance, mademoiselle?" He asked, holding out a hoof.

"I-i'd love too." I stammered, taking his hoof.

He grinned slightly, pulling me closer to him as we both stood on our hind legs. I blushed slightly as his hooves wrapped around my waist as i rested over his shoulders. We swayed in sync as he softly hummed to the music, his voice as soft as an angels.

He looked into my eyes as I looked into his. I could see many unknown emotions swirling I'm his sky blue eyes, but he masked it with a smirk.

Then, he began to lean in. I felt my face flushed instantly as he got even closer to me. Was he going to kiss me?!

I sighed in relief as I felt his lips lightly peck my forehead, sending small tingles down my spine.

"You really are a lovely mare miss...?"

"Countess Eden, but my friends call me Coda."

"Are you saying I am a new friend of yours, miss Coda?" He raised an eyebrow, his smirk curving to one side of his face.

"Perhaps."